U

Tuesday, September 24th, 2024 11:55 PM

Mobile Customer Service Issues

Not sure where to bring this up due to Xfinity obfuscating any support other than the Xfinity Assistant Chat. No public numbers to call and any number that I've found basically ends the call with directions to use the Xfinity Assistant for further assistance.

Just a little background on the issue first. I have 2 lines. One of them is mine and the other is a family members. I recently upgraded my line with a new phone and promised the family member my old phone because theirs was broken (Cracked screen, phone speaker not working, and badly outdated to the point of most apps not being supported. It was an S8+). I tried updating their phone through the xfinity app buy choosing BYOD. Unfortunately, no matter what I tried, this did not work. So, to settle things for the time being, I just swapped sims so they had a working Phone. Of course, this led to the voicemail de-authenticating on that phone.

Now on to the issues.

First Attempt: Started a chat and described the issue. The assistant went through trying to fix the issue and during this chat I had my suspicions that they may be working on the wrong line. I ask a couple times to make sure they were changing the correct line to which they ignored these messages. At the end they insured me that the issue would be fix with in 24 hours. After the chat I found that they had reset my lines voicemail and NEVER gave me a new pin nor did I receive anything to reset my pin. Only a message stating that my pin was changed. Furious of this I had given up. (I still had access to my voicemail through the app and wasn't in the mood to go through another stint dealing with text assistants. Over then next few weeks, I tried without any luck to find a way to actually call support.

Second Attempt: Started a chat and described that I now had 2 issues. I needed to reset the voicemail pin on my line, and also gave information as to what had happened before. This assistant did in fact help me with resetting my pin albeit with a major security issue. The assistant ask me what pin code I would like to change my pin to. This should be a security and privacy violation because now this assistant knows my phone number and voicemail pin. Obviously, I changed my pin through the voicemail immediately after. Now, I was in the process of explaining the problem I was dealing with that had created the need to reset my pin in the first place. Half way through, the assistant disconnects from the chat and a new assistant was instantly connected telling me that the first assistant just decided to not deal with this. Oh well, so this starts my

Third Attempt: The new assistant welcomes me back and tells me to please hold while they go over the transcripts so we can pick up where we left off. This brings up 2 possible scenarios. 1. They can see the previous transcripts which would intel that there's a possibility that if I hadn't changed my pin, there were now 2 people that knew my phone number and pin. Or, scenario 2. They can't see the transcripts. Either way, without actually reveling if they could see it or not they ask what they could help me with today. So, either they couldn't see it or they realized a possible security issue and played it off as if they couldn't. Either way, I had to explain this complicated problem all over word by word through text. In the end, I do consider this last assistant to be very helpful because they did resolve the issue completely.

Yes, the issue was resolved fully.

Do I find it satisfactory? No. There are many problems with Customer Service that need to be addressed by Xfinity. Sadly, no one has a voice to even start addressing these issues. So I'm dumping them here it the hopes that someone within the proper channels might see it.

Xfinity has sever security/privacy issues that need addressed.

Xfinity also needs to offer more solutions for Customer Support. Obfuscating all channels other then the Assistant Chat seems very shady to say the lest.

Thanks. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

25 days ago

Hello @user_k32bvc, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

1 Message

21 days ago

Don't want the donate messages sponsored by Xfinity moblie

2 Messages

Well, I can help you with that... Try posting a new issue or find a similar post to your issue. Besides, the employees viewing this post haven't been very helpful anyway. Maybe you'll have better luck outside this post.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here