U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024 10:27 AM

Misled by Xfinity

Misled by Xfinity. I called in on 1/6/2024 to ask if there was any way to lower my Internet bill. I was told if I "bundled" internet and mobile service,, my internet would go down to $35 per month. So I  agreed. I  left TMOBILE (who I had been with for 20 years) to get this discount.

Before I activated my mobile service on  1/26/2024, I  received my internet bill on 1 /10/2024, and it had Increased from $67.90 to $71.90. I  called in and spoke to a representative and was told this was a plan increase that "happens  from time to time". My discounted rate will begin once I had been with my mobile service for 1 month.

So, i waited until after my 1st month, and I called Xfinity again on February 22, 2024, at 5:52pm and was on the phone for 47mins. After being transferred again and again, I finally spoke to a man who, first tried to sell me a new phone, then a new I-Watch. I told him to stop trying to sell me stuff, I just needed my plan straightened out. Then he said, he could see that the $35 would take effect in March.

Then here comes the March statement and it is still, $71.90. It takes forever to get a human on the phone with Xfinity, and then when you do, they speak with a heavy accent (English is not their main language) and they have a hard time understanding.  Tonight, I spoke to a female "Arie" and all could tell me is that I agreed to the increase in my internet bill on 1/6/204 when I added mobile service and there was no discount of $35. She told me that is what she saw on her end. I told her, I  did not agree to that and I asked her, does that make sense that a person would agree to do that? She told me that is what she saw, and I  should look through my emails to fiind to find the one that was sent to me. WHAT?

So, I asked if there are any plans for existing, loyal customers. I  have been with Comcast/Xfinity for 30 + years. There are always ads on TV for promotions. I was told there are no plans for current customers. Only NEW CUSTOMERS.  She could not help me since I  agreed to increase my internet bill. I  asked if I  was locked in to a specific amount  of time for this increase. She said, No I  could change or cancel at any time. I  had been on the phone with her for almost 40 minutes,  so I  ended the call.

FRUSTRATED AND MAD. I  would have never have gone through the hassle of changing mobile service unless I was going to get a significant monthly discount. 

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 months ago

After a Xfinity assistant working with me, I  received the same outcome.  There was no promotion at that time for existing customers.  There was nothing that could be done for me. I  have been a customer with Comcast/Xfinity since they began here in the Atlanta area. However,  there are only promotions for NEW CUSTOMERS. 

**FYI  if you think you are signing up for a promotion,  make sure you get it in writing and KEEP the email.  I canceled mobile phone service and found a wonderful deal with the plan I was with before.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

@user_b566fe Thank you for reaching out through our Xfinity Community Forums. I'm here to assist you with reviewing your billing and addressing any changes made to your account in January. It seems there may have been some confusion regarding the terms and conditions sent to you at that time, outlining the changes for your records. I'd be happy to review your account and provide any necessary assistance. To get started, please send our team a private message containing your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. This will allow us to better assist you.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 months ago

**UPDATE**  After a Xfinity assistant working with me, I  received the same outcome.  There was no promotion at that time for existing customers.  There was nothing that could be done for me. I  have been a customer with Comcast/Xfinity since they began here in the Atlanta area. However,  there are only promotions for NEW CUSTOMERS. 

**FYI  if you think you are signing up for a promotion,  make sure you get it in writing and KEEP the email.  I canceled mobile phone service and found a wonderful deal with the plan I was with before.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here