C

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 7:11 PM

Low download speed

I have 300 mbs download and 20Mb upload plan and issue started few days. The download speed has gone from 300 Mbs to below 100Mbs. The Upload bandwidth looking good.

I am using https://www.speedtest.net/ to check on the speed.

I am reset the modem few time with no success. I have not introduced any new equipment not changed my network settings. 

Any suggestion ?

Official Employee

• 

300 Messages

16 days ago

@cuchito There's a lot to unpack when it comes to speeds. This video gives a good description of how speeds work. Can you tell me how many devices you have connected to your home network? Even devices on standby or using minimal data like smart home devices would need to be included in this count so that we can get a better idea of what the configuration is like in your home for your speed.

6 Messages

As I said, I have not added/removed any additional devices nor changed my network settings etc,...it is not hard to see it...right ? few days ago, I had "x" number of devices with download speed near 300 mbs..."today" , same number of devices, same HW, same wifi settings....but download is way below 100Mbs.... please avoid telling issue is here. Can you please check in your site/location ?

NOTE: have 2 computers and 3 iphone connected to my wifi. Most of the time is for web browsing purposes. We do not run heavy data in/out.  

Thanks

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

cuchito, Thanks for confirming that for us. I am so sorry to learn about those slow speeds. As a customer myself, I understand how frustrating this can be. Let's get this fixed. Are you able to do a speedtest while connecting hardwired directly from one of the computers to the modem via an ethernet cord to see if you experience the same speed issue? 

If you were to run an internet health test via the Xfinity app, what results does it pull for you?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

I run the Xfinity speed test..and now showing good numbers for the upload ~320Mbs !! ....I am curious ..have you done something ? what was the fix if any ?

thanks

(edited)

6 Messages

Upload Speed: 18.7 Mbps

Latency: 20 ms

Protocol: IPv6

Host: [Edited: Personal Information]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

We’re happy to hear you’re now seeing good numbers @cuchito! We have not made any changes or sent any signals on our end. You mentioned this started a few days ago, I’d like to follow up with you in a few days to make sure your speed don’t slow down again. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

14 days ago

Hola,

Hoy Ocr 4 @9:36pm CST volvio a bajar la velocidad ( download ) de mi internet. La velocidad promedia es de entre 100Mbs - 150 Mbs. El "speed test" lo realize desde la app de Xfinity.

Como nota adicional, en el transcurso de la manana la velocidad del "download" estaba muy estable alrededor de ~320Mbs.

Alguna sugerencia que no este relacionada con los comentarios ya hechos arriba ?

Gracias.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@cuchito I would like to take a further look into this internet speed issue you're experiencing. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section.

6 Messages

Hello @XfinityRaul ...I just sent a message to "Xfinity Support"

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here