Alisonf's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 3:00 PM

Loud router

I switched to comcast a few months ago and everything has been great, except for the loud and constant humming from the router. Can anyone tell me If this is fixable or should I try to put the router in a less- used room?

Thank you!

Responses

ComcastMartin

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

7 m ago

Hi there, @Alisonf

I am glad you have been enjoying your Comcast services! I have our modem myself and don't notice any noise coming from it. Let me pull up your account and see if we need to do a modem swap. Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

My router also makes a loud humming/fan going noise. Do NOT like it. please help

Official Employee

• 

300 Messages

5 m ago

Hello, dmc84, I hope overall your day is going well and you're enjoying your service. The last thing I want is for your modem to be giving you a headache :{ Do you have a leased modem with us or your own router? I want to make sure we take the right actions to help with the equipment you have. If you can send a private message I can help 🙂 Just include your name, service address, and account number just in case we need to mail you a modem. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here