U

Sunday, December 10th, 2023 5:46 AM

Closed

Lost Grandfathered plan without my permission.

A Xfinity in-person service technician working on my internet line noticed my cable box and mentioned that I could get rid of my cable box and remote to go 100% streaming. Also, keep my monthly cable package as-is and save rental fee for the box. I called phone rep. and disconnected my box as suggested by in-person technician and tried Xfinity app 100% streaming. My monthly package did not change during this period.

I did not like the app (seems more beta) and decided to have my cable box turned back on, so I called the phone representative. He did not mention my monthly package was grandfathered. Also, confirmed when I asked there would be no impact to my monthly package.  After 1-2 weeks my box had not been activated and the cable package remained as-is with app, so I called back on 11/07 to have it turned back on. The rep. was able to turn back on my box, but did not mention that I was on a grandfathered package nor that I would lose my package. She confirmed when I asked that package would remain as-is. Two days later I notice that I lost major channels and reduced DVR storage capacity size. I called back and then was informed that I was on a grandfathered plan and that the package I received is lesser than what I had at the same cost and if I wanted back my original package, it would cost me $50 more than what I previously paid. THIS MAKES NO SENSE... Why would I agree to pay $50 more than what I used to pay when I was trying to save $10. The rep. told me there's nothing they can do and I'm wondering is this Legal? I've been a loyal xfinity costumer for 11+ years. I don't know how to resolve this... Is there someone who can help? Currently paying for a lesser monthly package at same cost of my superior plan. 

1 Message

10 months ago

The SAME thing JUST happened to me! I will be switching after giving Xfinity over a decade of my loyalty. Through the years, there have been several mishaps that I “gave the benefit of doubt” to BUT after coming across your post, I have come to the conclusion they are shady, and they are thieves. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello @user_326dc5 We are here to help. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

10 months ago

Hello, @user_b1kuab Thank you for reaching out to the community forum. Our team of Billing experts can research this change to your service and recommend some options. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

2 Messages

Status update:

My issue was not resolved. The Billing experts just reiterated that there is nothing they can do and referred me to a Xfinity rewards program. After what just happened I'm afraid of doing anymore future business or updates with this company.

No solutions nor options... It's a shame to be tricked.... SMH. 

2 Messages

A similar situation just happened to me.  Once is an incident. Twice is a trend.  Three times is a pattern.  They are doing this on purpose to get us out of our old accounts.  I know my conversation was recorded I'm sure yours was too.  I want access to my recording because they boldly lied to me.  This is straight fraud.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here