S

Friday, June 28th, 2024 10:06 PM

Looking for info on enhanced upload speed availability in my area

Can't send a DM to Xfinity yet (apparently), so I'm asking here as I already have an Arris S33 modem which is on their list of approved devices, but I'm still getting only 25mbps upload. Help?

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

3 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Please see this post about direct messaging the support team;

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/getting-started/direct-message/6445fb0eb9339b2013e8ff9c?commentId=6446bf50b9339b2013e93478   

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 days ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @stompstompspin! I see you have also reached out to us over direct message. Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message.

Our team can certainly take a further look at your account over direct message and will be messaging you there soon.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

2 days ago

The S33 is not approved for the new higher upload speeds. See:

Realize that although Comcast calls some devices "Compatible" and some "Recommended", for all but a few devices those designations only mean "compatible/recommended for use with their Internet service", and not necessarily approved for the new upload speeds.

You need one of Comcast's newer rental gateways (XB6, XB7, XB8) or one of the few retail devices shown in the "Next Gen Speed Tier" group with an upload speed rating in the "All Compatible Devices" PDF.  Also see the Reddit link, which lists the approved devices as well as other requirements for faster upload speeds. Comcast could make all of this much clearer, but they have chosen not to do so.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here