Flirodr's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, October 11th, 2024 4:28 AM

Long Distance to House

I had a Comcast tech out today to run a line from the power pole to the house.  Turns out it is a 375 foot run and they will not hook up my service.  I am told they will not guarantee the reliability of the signal beyond 300 feet.  The tech tells me I could pay to have Comcast run a heavier gauge cable through my conduit to the house, but it would be thousands of dollars.

My question is if I purchase 375' of 8 or 10 gauge coax and pull the wire from the Comcast pole to the house, will Comcast then drop a line off of the pole and connect to my coax running to the house?  Is 8 or 10 gauge coax sufficient for a 375' run?

My frustration is that I can not talk to anyone at comcast that will give me a straight answer.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

7 days ago

The concern is not "Home Security Devices And Equipment" help related.............. Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

591 Messages

7 days ago

@Flirodr That would be quite frustrating anticipating getting a connection to our awesome service only to bump into a road block. As mentioned by the tech going past 300 feet we can't guarantee a reliable connection. To answer you question on whether or not you can run the coax yourself and pull the cable would be a better question for our serviceability team as they handle these types of inquiries and would be best suited to answer any questions you have regarding that request. If you could please send me a DM with your first and last name along with your full-service address, we can get started creating a ticket for that team to review.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

The frustrating part is I had two techs tell me it would be no problem.  I had a tech come out to view the work 6 months ago and he said it would be easy.

The tech that came out yesterday did not measure the distance.  He ran 340 feet of cable and said that was all he could do.  He even left the 340' of cable, told me I could keep it.

Thanks for your reply to my question.  I will send a DM.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here