U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 5th, 2021 9:31 PM

Closed

Local Number Phone Scam/Phishing?

I got a call saying I was using up my 1200 GB of internet. They said I had already used 80% of this month despite my billing cycle just beginning. When I asked what I used last month, they said 75% and wanted to increase my plan to unlimited internet. They then asked me if I work from home and how many devices I have. I said I didn't want to upgrade and hung up. I checked my usage: May 360 GB, June 350 GB, July 258 GB. I never even hit anywhere near 50% of the max. I'm just hoping this was a scam and not actually Xfinity and want others to be aware.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

3 years ago

Concern moved here for greater exposure to actual Comcast employees for assistance. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention @user_78482f! By chance, did you get the phone number of the people who called, or any other details? I would like to make sure we pass this along, so we can look into it! You can send it to me in a DM if you would like. 

To get started, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here