BlackSnake1's profile

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

Friday, May 3rd, 2024 2:10 AM

local channels not in hd ultimate package

I have a question to ask, but need to upload a photo to do so.

When I click the image icon the (Tap to upload an image) with a little hand picture is grayed out/not working.

Once again, when is comcast going to fix this!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

5 months ago

@BlackSnake1 Hello there! Thanks for reaching out to us again, I'm sorry that you are still having trouble with uploading images. What format are you using for the image and is it under 5 MB? 

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityPaula​ I need to reply using my desktop pc, but keep getting error message.

e.data.data.createReply is null

Failed to load unread notification count! Please try again

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

BlackSnake1 Can you try clearing cache and cookies on your device, restarting your device, and using a different web browser to see if it helps?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

I shouldn't have to do any of those things, don't have these problems on any other sites. Looks like I'll have to use this little smart phone device.

Okay, my current triple play promotion (signature+ more) just ended and of course xfinity increased my bill by $25 a month. I need to downgrade to the Ultimate package to cut costs, but noticed that I would be loosing 25 channels. The problem is that no comcast employees can tell me exactly which channels that I would be loosing. They are telling me that I need to be sure that I want to make the change because I can't go back to my signature + more package if I'm missing channels that I like to watch. They said that they have been getting a lot of calls from customers who made the change and are now missing channels that they normally watch and get very angry when told that they can't go back to previous package. Wouldn't it make sense for xfinity to have a definitive list of the 25 channels to avoid any confusion???

I had xfinity mail me the channel lineup for the Ultimate package and compared it to the signature+ more and can not figure out what the 25 channels are. Several xfinity employees told me that I would be loosing all the local hd channels, 802 CBS, 804 NBC, 807 ABC, etc. They said I would still get CBS, NBC, ABC,etc, but would only get the SD versions, channel 2,4,7 etc. That didn't  make any sense to me so I took the paper channel lineup to my local xfinity store to ask them. The manager said that's not correct information, he couldn't imagine them doing that. He said I should get all the channels in the limited Basic, Kids & Family, Entertainment, Sports & News and Ultimate TV. Another store employee said that some of the channels that are listed in the lower tiers like Limited Basic are grandfathered in for some customers who have older packages, but it doesn't  mean that I'll recieve those channels.

Seems just like always, you can't trust or believe what xfinity employees tell you.

So, which 25 channels (exactly) will a customer loose when downgrading from signature+ more to the Ultimate  package?

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for clarifying your concerns, @BlackSnake1. I apologize for the misunderstanding with your channel lineup. The Signature+ More package was configured differently in each region. So, depending on what part of the country you are in and how long ago you signed up for the package, your specific channels might vary. Generally speaking, the Signature+ More package included the Digital Preferred channel lineup, which is the same as our newer Ultimate channel lineup in most areas.

The major change you would be looking at is with the "+ More" part of your current package. Like I mentioned, it can be different from region to region, but it usually added things like MGM+, Hitz, Showtime, Netflix, DVR Service, etc. If you switched from Signature+ More to Ultimate, you would lose whatever premium "+ More" elements you currently receive, but anything that was truly important to you can be added back on separately.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

I'm not direct messaging.

1st, I'm 60 yrs old, I cant type fast enough for a live conversation. And, I'm not about to type out my whole question again, that took me literally an hour to do.

2nd, I would like to upload a photo of my current channel line that xfinity mailed to me for my area, but can't be done thru DM.

3rd, I need to see the list of 25 channels in permanent print so I have proof shoud the info not be correct, a direct message is not permanent.

4th, Other xfinity customers may need this information as well, why hide it from them.

I already know that I would loose MGM+ and netflix. The signature+ more package has 210 channels and the ultimate only has 185, a difference of 25 channels.

All you need to know is that my area is [Edited: "Personal Information"], that is what is at the top of the channel linup that xfinity mailed to me. It also says Effective  April 2, 2024.

Thank you

(edited)

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

5 months ago

First of all, thank you so much for spending so much time on this issue with me.

If what you're stating is true then that means that I would loose all the HD versions of my local channels just like I stated in the subject line of this post. 

"The networks I am showing that are NOT in the ultimate package are as follows:

The Home shopping network Channels 18, 88, NHK World TV Channel 130, MGM+ Channels 361-364 and 366, PBS Channel 789. Several network across Channels 791-813 1000-1025, 1031-1034, 1041-1052. What I am finding is that the channels are removed, however you still have these networks available within the Ultimate package, they are just on lower channel numbers."

So I would get channel 2 CBS, 4 NBC, 5 Fox, 7 ABC, etc. (the SD versions). However, I would not get 802,1002 CBS, 804,1004 NBC, 805,1005 Fox, 807,1007 ABC, etc. (which are the HD versions)

This is exactly what I told the manager at my local xfinity store and he said that's not possible. He said with the upper tier packages, popular, ultimate and signature+ more you have what's called HD Technology. That means that any channel that has a HD version, I would be able to view it in HD. He also said that I would get all the channels in the included Limited Basic, Kids & Family, Entertainment, and Sports & News as I currently get now with my signnature+ more package. He said that xfinity created an additional new package called More Sports & Entertainment Package. This new package was created by pulling some channels from the signature+ more and now charging an extra fee for it if you have the ultimate package and want those channels.

This is the channel lineup booklet that I was just sent and it's affective April,2 2024.You will see that channels 802+1002, 804+1004, 805+1005, 807+1007, etc are listed under Limited Basic. Is the information in this booklet not correct and if so is xfinity going to get this information fixed before mailing these booklets to anyone else?

Thanks again for all your time

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for your feedback, BlackSnake1! I always recommend viewing your local channel line and TV guide online which will have the most accurate and updated into. You can enter your address and view the channel lineup options side by side here. There is a search feature too which helps when looking for specific networks such as HSN. 

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

5 months ago

I can't believe I spent so much time in my last post explaining everything and (ThomasA) just glossed over/disregarded it all by directing me back to the package lineup comparison chart. That information is incorrect and xfinity needs to fix it. Here's a screen print of that comparison chart after clicking the (HD Only) option. If you go by the info on this chart that means that customers who want their local channels, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc. in HD quality would have to downgrade all the way down to the choice package. THIS INFORMATION IS NOT CORRECT! Everything that is in the Choice package is suppose to be in the Popular and Ultimate package. The Popular and Ultimate packages are just adding more channels to the Choice package. Please! Let (Paula) respond to my last post.

[Image Removed: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for clarifying, @BlackSnake1. It definitely seems unusual for all the network channels to only be available in HD through the most basic Choice TV lineup, and not with the Popular or Ultimate lineups. Still, the online channel lineup does seem to suggest that. It's possible that all channels are just HD now, unless you have an older or more basic lineup, but that's just a guess.

I want to find out for sure, so I am reaching out to my programming team for clarification. Please give me a little time to research this for you. I will post a reply when I receive an answer.

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

Thank you (JamesC), take your time, I would just like to clear this up, once and for all.

Also, why was the photo of the packages comparison chart removed because of personal information? The address listed at the top is not my own, I just made it up. Runyon Ct is around the corner from me so I just added a random number to it.

It's very important that other xfinity customers be able to see that comparison chart and know that it's a typo, not believe it.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@BlackSnake1 Thanks, we'll follow up asap. I imagine it was due to the address, pictures are allowed as we can see the two you shared yesterday. Stuff like that is usually caught automatically if not seen by the Mods, so it's best to avoid any personal details on the forums. We'll be in touch. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings again, @BlackSnake1! I reached out to my local support team, and they put me in touch with someone who should be able to clarify the situation about the HD channels in the new lineup. I sent a message this morning, and I will let you know as soon as we receive a response.

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

JamesC, please don't forget to ask about my original question that no one can seem to answer. My current package (Signature+ More) comes with 210 channels, I need to downgrade to the (Ultimate package) in an effort to save money. The Ultimate package has only 185 channels. Exactly which 25 channels would I be loosing in the downgrade?

Thanks again

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

4 months ago

Just doing a quick post in order to keep this thread open. I'm going to downgrade to the ultimate package on June, 3rd and then I will be able to verify exactly which channels are included.

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

4 months ago

Is there some reason that I can't sign into this forum while using a Windows 10 OS?

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

I downgraded to the Ultimate package on Friday and excepted the new terms and price agreement through email. However, it's now Monday and the only change so far is my internet speed. I downgraded from GB speed to 800 mb (Superfast) and am only getting 570 mb and that's with being hard wired/ethernet cable.

No change on TV channel lineup yet, don't know what's taking so long. The change usually happens immediately after I do the email approval.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @BlackSnake1, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the internet speed, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

3 months ago

I'm not DMing. You do that to hide the truth from the public, you don't want them to read about how comcast really conducts it's business.

And the soga continues. I was wrong, they haven't downgraded my internet speed yet. The 570 mb is all I'm getting from my cuttrent GB plan. I called technical support today about it and was told that my two options are to pay xfinity $100 for a service tech to come out to my home or buy an ethernet adapter to try and see if that helps.

I called thinking that 570 mb was slow for my newly downgraded speed of 800 mb (superfast) tier. Then I'm told that the new ultimate package that I agreed to, the new 3 year contract price, is still pending. So 570 mb is all I'm getting from my current 1200 mb GB tier. There is nothing wrong with my custom made, fast desktop PC. I have gotten speed test results of about 850 mb in the past, but that doesn’t happen very often.The speed always drps off, it's a xfinity thing.

Okay, back to my pending order (downgrade from signature + more to ultimate package) which is supposed to take place on the 17th. Why it didn't take place immediately like it always has in the past when I chose a different promotional package is beyond me. I'm now being told that my pending order is not going to go through because it's missing a dvr code. Apparently, the rep that set up the new promotional package forgot to add a $10.00 dvr service charge for each of my two cable boxes. Keep in mind, I was only paying a $10.00 monthly rental fee for each box, the dvr service was included in my signature + more package. So they have pulled dvr service from being included in my package so they can now charge an extra a la carte price for it. The whole point of downgrading to a lower package was to save money. If I now have to pay an extra $20.00 a month for dvr service then I'm not saving anything. These are the kind of games that xfinity plays and why people like myself hate them so much and are moving to streaming.

The two cable boxes that I have are old lagacy boxes with hard drives in them. All my recording are stored inside the box itself and not out on a xfinity cloud. Additional dvr service fees are for the newer boxes that use server space on the cloud. They should not be able to charge me an additional dvr service fee.

Well, I'm just going to play dead and ignore them. I already have an agreement, so let's see if they do the right thing and honor it. I'm not re-doing a different agreement. If one of their employees made a mistake that's on xfinity and they need to just eat the cost of that employee's mistake.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @BlackSnake1 Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out regarding your concerns. We do ask you to DM us your information since we are on a public forum, we would not want your full name, address, and your account information in public view. If you would like to send us a DM with your full first and last name along with your full-service address so that we can assist you further.-Richard

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

3 months ago

Okay, my order to downgrade from the signature + more package to the Ultimate package finally went through on the 20th. As for going from 210 channels down to 185, I have not noticed. I guess they were channels that I never watched and were not part of my favorite list. So the channel linup was not an issue.

HOWEVER! The xfinity rep that discussed and placed the order for me left out a very important detail. When you downgrade to a lower tier package you're also downgrading the picture quality. When I woke up the next day and realized that the change had taken place I immediately noticed the picture quality was horrible. All the content looks much more compressed/more artifacts around channel logos and on peoples faces.  Movement is jittery/not smooth. The picture is dull and no longer crisp and sharp/loss of all detail. I'm guessing that lower tier content is also being sent out at lower bitrates to save bandwidth. (Just when you thought xfinity couldn't stoop any lower).

If I had known that the picture quality was going to downgrade like this I never would have downgraded packages. I called xfinity technical support and they denied lowering content quality based on teir level. They said that they were not seeing any errors on my cable box, but they could send a tech out if I'd like. 1st, this issue is system related, has nothing to do with equipment setup in home. Absolutely nothing has changed physically, the only change was  a signal generated package change. 2nd, in home tect support is now $100.00 which I can't afford nor should I have to.

Now I'm left with unwatchable TV service

And no, I don't want to dm my personal information. You don’t need to know who this is happening to, only that it's happening. Is this normal, does xfinity now find this kind of picture quality exceptable? It does look like the same quality that you get with the newer xfinity streaming boxes.

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

@BlackSnake1 All of our new plans include HD (and 4K with compatible boxes and programming) at no additional cost. We do not change the resolution based on your tier. The $100 charge only applies if the issue is found to be with your personal equipment, internal wiring, or configuration/setting issues. 

6 Messages

2 months ago

I just wish Xfinity would quit changing the names of their TV packages.  You never know what package you have from month to month.  It makes it unnecessarily confusing when trying to compare and possibly change your plan. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here