U

Thursday, October 10th, 2024 3:47 PM

Internet service?????

I am extremely upset with Xfinity right now! I have went through 3 hurricanes and it is always the same! Xfinity/Comcast does not take these storms serious!!! The electric company has the hard job. They even put the poles.I always get electric then 2 - 6 weeks later I get internet! Why you have 4000 electric trucks and only 6 guys for a whole county working Xfinity so it takes them a month. I have drove around looking for an Xfinity truck and you can't find one! If you let the power company do it it would already be fixed! And that was fine in the 1980's if cable was down you couldn't watch your TV show but today since COVID people work from home I am trying to communicate with FEMA and SBA to get hurricane assistance etc.and I can't and SBA most of the time gives 3 days to do what they want. If you miss the deadline your application gets canceled. And don't get me started on the automated phone system that traps you and you can't get to a real person! "IT IS INTENTIONAL!!!" I am beginning to think we need a class action lawsuit? Maybe that will get xfinity's attention???? Start a petition get a million signatures that will be easy for the most hated company in America?

I want an ETA when I am going to get internet back! When I have had electric for weeks! Oh by the way I have been told 4 times I would have internet in 72 hours but still no internet??? You should be ashamed!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

8 days ago

@user_u8c2w1 Thanks for reaching out. Services may be out in your area due to a number of reasons, including but not limited to weather, power interruptions or other outside factors. When a service loss is declared in an area, our teams are notified and will work as quickly and safely as possible to ensure everyone is back up and running. We offer convenient self-service options to check service interruptions through My Account, the Xfinity App, or the Xfinity Status Center at http://www.xfinity.com/support/status. This is where you would get the most up to date information including ETAs. This is the same information all representatives have as well. Credits are applied once the service loss in the area is cleared. Once fully resolved, there is a way to request a credit online, and we will check to see if you are eligible! Visit the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/account-management/credits/outage/details?client_id=helpandsupport&continue=https://www.xfinity.com/support/status&linkId=149261291. 

3 Messages

This was no help! I already know this and all anything says is "as soon as possible" which does not help me? Is the power company really that much better at fixing things? Please take lessions from them! And credit are not help if I get my hurricane assistance canceled because of you.

This is completely amauture-ish and un acceptable Xfinity is a complete failure!

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

I completely understand the ongoing frustration. We coordinate our recovery efforts closely with local and state government, power companies, and other local entities as we are continuing to work to restore service to areas effected by the recent hurricane. There was a lot of damage and work that needs to be done which is definitely a major component causing delays, in additional to working with other additional entities. Please know it's our priority and goal to get everyone effected up and running as quickly as possible. We don't want you to be without service any more than you do @user_u8c2w1

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Well the fact that your automated phone system will hang up on me and the fact that the only thing I can find online anywhere says as soon as possible does not help!!! A matter of fact that is the worst thing you could do! Communicate!!! Tell me what's going on? Telling me that I won't have internet until December 25th is better than telling me as soon as possible! And that is just common sense! Because the more information I have the better decisions I can make I can't make any decisions with as soon as possible TELL ME SOMETHING!  In like I said what makes it look really bad for you is the power company had to replace all the poles and they're finished and gone your job is a lot easier than theirs. The bottom line is you do not put enough boots on the ground there's not enough people working during the three hurricanes I have drove around for hours and hours and can't find an Xfinity truck nowhere. If that's okay I'm looking into starlink or other possibilities? There's no excuse for this Thank you

Oh yeah PS just to let you know the outage map has said as soon as possible for almost 2 weeks so there's no updates and that makes it worse

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

I completely understand the frustrations, @user_u8c2w1! You can keep the most up to date with our hurricane response here or here depending on your location. Our crews are working as quickly as possible, but currently we do not have an ETA to fully restore. Signing up for the notifications for alert is going to be the best route to keep up to date as our crews will work and update the information directly to the customers. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here