K

Sunday, September 29th, 2024 6:20 PM

Internet service down, need to speak to a human

My internet has not worked for three days due to a storm. I contacted Comcast and they setup an automated text alert. After ten minutes I received this text, “ Xfinity Alerts: Service is restored!  Is your equipment working now?” It was not working, so I replied “No”. Then I received this text, “ Xfinity Alerts: Can we call you back on this phone? Reply 'Y.' If not, reply 'N.' Msg&Data RatesMayApply. MsgFreqVaries. Reply HELP anytime”. I replied “Y”. Then I received this message, “ Xfinity Alerts: Sorry, due to a system error we are unable to have an agent call you. For assistance call 1-800-COMCAST”. I called three times and each time it redirected me to the automated alert about the power outage. Ending the call and not giving an option to speak to a representative. This is absolutely ridiculous and TERRIBLE customer service. Which is it, is my service reconnected or not? Please contact me via my phone number listed in my account.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

20 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

1 Message

20 days ago

Same here!!!! The system is working well enough to debit my payment but can't get my internet connected. That's [Edited: "Language"]!!!! This is the worst company to deal with and get rid of the robotic xfinity assistant! [Edited: "Language"] as much as we pay in service fees, we should at least be able to speak with an real human!!! I hate this company!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

20 days ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @Kurt_K_1234Perry! We hope you and your loved ones are safe! When severe weather interrupts our services, the damages can cause multiple tickets to be opened. Those various tickets are related to the different factors impacting the services. It sounds like one of those tickets may have been resolved but not all the tickets have been resolved.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here