U

Monday, April 22nd, 2024 1:30 AM

Internet service at new construction

Hello. I’m in the process of closing on a new construction home and our next-door neighbor has Xfinity service. I checked with Xfinity does not seem like my address is showing up as available for service. I’ve been to the house multiple times and there are cables and wires available and I was told that Xfinity would be able to provide service here. Is there anything I can do to get someone to come out there and survey to see if there’s anyway to get service. Please let me know what I need to do to get this squared away and if there’s any information you need. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

user_1qv5de Congratulations on the new home and thank you so much for your post on getting services at your new construction home. Getting services set up for a move is always stressful but we are more than happy to help make it as easy as possible! If you are in our service area your address would need to be recognized by the post office to start. If your address is not recognized by the USPS yet once it is in their system we can then use that address to confirm if you are in our service area and add your address into the system if needed at that time. Once added into the system a pro install will be needed to confirm if your location is serviceable and connect your home to our nearest tap/pole to provide services. Let me know if your new address is already recognized by the USPS and we can go from there! 

2 Messages

Thank you very much! Based on my coordination with the Postal Service it looks like the address is recognized by USPS. Thank you for confirming the next steps. As this is a public form, is there a way to share my new address to confirm that it is located within your service area and whether it needs to be added to your system or not? Please let me know the best way to share my address with you. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_1qv5de Thank you for checking with USPS! I'll review the location to determine our next best step to get service set up :). Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here