U

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 5:39 PM

INTERNET OUTAGE IN HOUSTON

My neighborhood has electricity and no damage from the storm. Yet I have no internet. I was told Tuesday that it would be restored by 830 pm. It wasn't. I received a text last night that my internet had been restored. It wasn't. What is going on? I work from home, so I had to purchase a portable wifi so I can have a job to pay my Xfinity bill I just received, that didn't indicate a credit for the 7 days I haven't had internet. So now, I am out of more money because I had to purchase something that I already pay Xfinity for.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

24 days ago

@user_va8b6o Good afternoon! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our Community Forum Team. We hope that you stayed safe during the recent severe weather. Our crews continue to make repairs to our network as affected areas are declared safe and power is restored. Even if your home has power, the Xfinity network serving your neighborhood may not. We appreciate your patience and are working as quickly as we can get your services back up and running. To help everyone stay connected, Xfinity WiFi Hotspots remain open to the public. Get more information here: 
https://texas.comcast.com/alerts/

Understanding we have customers working from home, I'd be happy to take a look at your services for an ETA. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and service address? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

Hello, done. Please update me as soon as possible.

Thank you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here