S

Wednesday, September 18th, 2024 12:53 AM

Internet keeps dropping every other minute

Starting on Sunday, 9/15/24, our Xfinity internet has been dropping intermittently. At first, it was every couple of hours. On 9/16, it completely dropped for half the day, and ever since it's been seemingly dropping out every other minute from service. Our security system and Wemo switches are not affected by the service drops, but our streaming/computers/phones are and cannot access the WIFI. We have had HORRIBLE luck getting in touch with anyone with Xfinity; this company has the poorest customer service of any company I've interacted with. We have done all trouble shooting possible including new coax cable, new modem, resetting modem and router, factory resetting router, powercycling, etc. NOTHING WORKS. We first had a customer service rep over text chat say they were scheduling a rep for 9/18, which in fact was a lie, as we never received confirmation. We schedule a tech appointment for 9/20, which was canceled WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION by Xfinity. We need a tech out here, yet I'm afraid they'll cancel another appointment.

Xfinity, do better!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 days ago

Good evening @sub4eigner, and thank you for taking the time to reach out on our Community Forums with your connection issues, we appreciate your time and assure you that you've reached the right place for help! I'm sorry to hear about your connection issues and that your internet has been dropping intermittently. As someone who relies on stable internet for work and school, I can completely understand your frustrations and where you are coming from. I'm glad to hear that your security system is not being affected by but understand how inconvenient it is to your have your streaming, computer and phone connections interrupted. I also see that you have had a frustrating experience trying to connect with an agent and understand why you are upset after being told that you had an appointment but never received a confirmation, that is definitely not the type of experience we want for any of our customers and want to assure you that our team is on your side and committed to turning this situation around. 

We'd be happy to assist with scheduling an appointment with one of our expert technicians and we can keep a close eye on it to make sure that it remains on schedule. After all the troubleshooting steps you have taken the time to try, we want to do our best to make sure this gets addressed properly. 

So that we can better assist with your appointment concerns, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? 

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further and providing a more positive experience moving forward. 😀

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here