U

Friday, October 11th, 2024 1:49 PM

Internet has constant drops daily since early 00's. HELP!

Since we've had the internet in this house, we have had nothing but connection issues. We have had every modem Xfinity has offered. We have had a parade of techs come to the house. They change the modem, the rename my network incorrectly. Multiple techs have gone out to their trucks to get a "new" modem, just for it not to even work during the install. We have had new lines run from outside to our house. We have had new coax lines ran inside the house. Every tech comes, cuts off the ends of the coax, replaces the tips, swaps out a modem and tells me everything is fine. And then hours later, we continue to have these very quick drops of service. Now this is impacting my job. I work from home and don't have an office to go into. I need the service I am, and have been paying for. I can't EVER get a supervisor on the phone, and trying to get someone to come to the house is impossible. I would love to show the mess of wires to the supervisor from years of hackjob work done. I have tried everything I can think of. Every time xfinity comes out, they brush us off and say, "we see the signal at your house so you have service, there's nothing we can do." I am to the point of reaching out to the BBB, FCC, and states attorney. Why does it have to go to this point? Why is NO ONE able to figure this out? 

4 Messages

8 days ago

It should also be noted: There is a mix of new and old cable lines all throughout my home. Cable lines running into two of the bedrooms that are very possibly almost 40 years old that have never been changed. I would like to see my home rewired with all new cable lines...but the techs that come out to the house say "they cannot do that" and when I ask who I can talk to to have this done, I get nowhere. 

4 Messages

8 days ago

After typing all of this...my internet just crashed at 8:53am.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

7 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

7 days ago

@user_ui9zsv I'm sorry to hear you've had nothing but connection issues. This is definitely not the type of experiencing we'd like anyone of our customers to have. I would be more than happy to review your account to see what we can do to resolve this once and for all.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section.

4 Messages

No one is responding to me when I try the chat.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here