U

Thursday, August 15th, 2024 10:32 PM

Internet drops, technician came out and now its worse!

How can I contact comcast and speak to a person?  I want someone to check on the Comcast side to see what is wrong.  I want them to monitor the connection to see what is happening.  A technician came out replaced  connections, replaced a splitter, replaced MOCA filter outside (checked cables outside at the house, at the street and inside the house.)  All green lights he said.  That was Tuesday.  It's Thursday and now it is worse, drops all during the day!  I work from home and this is unacceptable!

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

2 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 months ago

user_b1be7x Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team to bring your service concerns to our attention. I can see how it would be frustrating not having your services operating properly. I'd be happy to take a look on our side, and see what the next step would be. To get started, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and the service address we will be working with today? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

2 months ago

---I didn't mention that the first technician said that the comcast splitters were best, better to use with their technology.  I wish you could purchase them and not have to get them from a technician----

Before I received a response from this post (from Xfinity) I had already set up another technician visit (#2).   I did chat with someone from Xfinity from this post the same day as the visit was scheduled.  It took a few times to get with someone live--a few hours trying to coordinate a time to chat live with the agent--during that time the second technician came out.  I told the second technician what all the first tech did.  As we were talking, he asked about the line from the outside of the house to the splitter.  I told him it was 30 years old.  He said that is likely the trouble. A newer cable is used now--- RG6.  Mine was definitely not the new technology.  Because it was a straight line from the hole in the side of the house to the splitter, he ran the cable.  He saw all green lights on my connection.  Yay!  He felt like it was fixed.  He left and I went ahead and chatted live with the agent that evening.  She was able to check my connection while we were chatting.  She saw an issue with the power level to the modem that could be causing the disconnect / drops.  It is an issue that could not be tested remotely--technician needed to come out.  I didn't want to deal with another technician visit, but without knowing if it was really fixed or not, I went ahead and scheduled another visit.   I was glad I did, it dropped connection the next morning.  It was better (less drops) but not solved.  The third technician came out.  I told him what all had been done, he said he was determined to find the issue.  He tested my modem and also tested the lines coming in from the wall.  He found that there was an issue, he got a red light on my connection.  He switched out my modem (Xb7) to a brand new modem (Xb8) and he switched the cables coming from the wall to the modem and the cable box--literally used same cables, but switched the one from the cable box to the modem and the one from the modem to the cable box after he tested them --I have two cables run from the basement, one for the modem and one for the cable box  (I had upgraded one of the cables in the wall from the old to the RG6 this week--I think a technician (#2) may have switched those during a visit while testing, not knowing they were different--internet was not getting the RG6 cable) Once that was done, he had all green lights.  He told me that all should be good.  He said he would monitor it for two weeks to make sure I didn't have any other problems.  He had a great attitude and I feel like he wanted to make sure I am fixed.  That was 6 days ago.  Three online video meetings last week and no drops.  I feel that if I go another week without any issues then my problems are fixed.  Fingers crossed.  I will update...           so many variables to fix the problem, this part of Comcast is working--the Forum / the technician - service department--But the troubleshooting chat, can't speak to a live agent not so much--very frustrating!

(edited)

3 Messages

20 days ago

It's been a month and no issues! I believe it was a combo of hardware issues resolved, (MOCA filter, splitters, new cables in wall to splitter at entry of cable to house and from modem to wall) and the new modem that solved it.  Should not have been that stressful or taken that long to solve.  Chatting online needs to be improved.  I was told many different things chatting with support multiple times from the plans I needed to upgrade to (speed), the plan I needed in order to get the latest modem, not to mention that I could get a free phone if I signed to one of the plans (I do not use Comcast for cell service).  I am already on the second highest speed plan...none of that was needed.  I installed my own replacement modem (v7) early in the process and that could have been one issue per the technicians that came out.  The third technician that came out told me a faster speed was not needed to get the latest modem (as I was told).  He installed a new one (v8) from his truck on site, apparently the modem you get from the store may not be new... The technicians coming out (all three) was the solution.  Thank goodness it has been resolved.  My job depended on it.  I did have to make follow up calls to get my bill straightened out.  Was charged multiple pro rated amounts for partial months fee of the plans I was charged for that I did not need.  Training for the chat support is needed in order for Comcast to get back to where they were years ago --I used to praise them for their customer service--that is no more --billing and escalated tech support and on site technicians are fine.  THE KEY WAS POSTING ON THIS BOARD, otherwise, I don't think I would have gotten any solutions, techs here are great!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here