U

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Friday, March 8th, 2024 9:23 PM

Internet and X1 box deactivated after upgrading over the phone with customer service

I upgraded my account and as soon as I hit the GO button, my internet and X1 boxes went offline.  Been trying to get them back but no luck yet.  Does Xfinity hire the dumbest possible people for customer service?  On top of the my Xfinity phone app has now reverted back  to a non manager format ... only 3 options on the bottom instead of the usual 5.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

4 months ago

Thanks for creating a post, @user_04bf85! We are happy to help and get your service back up and running. I see you already sent a direct message to us so I will continue over there. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Waiting for you on the direct message page ...

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 months ago

A customer service manager called me back to tell me that the original customer service person told me incorrect information about my "upgraded service".  So now to get back to my old service I have to pay more money than I was paying before AND get slower internet speed.  Are you [Edit: Language] kidding me?  When I finally calm down I will be calling back to cancel all services and just keep internet access so I can keep our email addresses we use everywhere.

XFINITY IS THE WORST!!!!!!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I know you have been working with multiple teams today, @user_04bf85. Our team will continue to work with you in our direct message so we can get this all figured out. We will do everything that we can to help! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 months ago

OK, Here's the latest ...  Finally got internet and X1 working and my Xfinity app straightened out, but I'm so ticked off with Xfinity, I'm done.  I got on the phone with another Xfinity customer "Dis"service rep to inquire about internet only costs.  She first told me it was $64 and change for gig internet service, but the total would be $136?  How the heck did she come up with that? When I asked how was it possible it went from $80 to $136, she just stopped talking.  So I hung up.  She then called back to say we got disconnected.  I said no, I hung up because she had no clue what she was doing.  She then said it was $80 total for gig internet plus the modem, but if I wanted to cancel all TV service she had to xfer me to another person in the loyalty department.  I said no, forget it, you are all idiots and I don't trust you to do anything correctly.  They are all a bunch of total baffoons!  I am willing to bet that if I try to cancel, they will say I have a new 12 month plan and it will cost me extra!!!  And this all came about because I changed my plan by only slightly lowering my internet speed to gig from gig+ and supposedly saving $52 a month.  No change to my channel lineup at all.  Then I found out it was only a $37 dollar saving because it was really $200, not the $184.50 I was told.  But I lost Netflix, Showtime with Paramount+ Hitz AND just found out my Peacock + is no longer working as well.  What a wonderful day!  And I only wasted 4+ hours for all my troubles!  Headed to the Xfinity store tomorrow to cancel everything but internet.  I'm done.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here