L

Sunday, February 18th, 2024 3:53 AM

Closed

Internet and TV full or partial outages - max outage discounts??

Is it really possible to hit a maximum number of credits when service is still out or inconsistent? Customers should receive proportional credits for days of unreliable internet and tv service over the last month and a half - which impacted the ability to work from home - and the almost impossible task of trying to connect with customer service for help during outages. 

Since January 13th I experienced full internet and tv outages or inconsistent, unreliable service on more than 15 days. I work from home and had to take time off, then find somewhere to work where my service was reliable so I wouldn't get into trouble. I requested outage related discounts and received a few dollars each time, totaling about 10-15% of my total bill, nowhere reflective of the percent of the month that my service was impacted - when I had to leave home and incur extra cost to work somewhere with reliable service - with little to no communication about why the issues were happening or how soon things would be resolved. I went online today to request credit for days I hadn't previously and apparently have hit the max number of discounts allowed. seriously? Why am I unable to receive credit for continued outages? My neighbor has TMobile and had consistent service throughout the last month, even during all the storms and power outages, and for much cheaper. I'm so frustrated by this entire experience, expecially for how expensive it is to continue to have service with Xfinity. 

I also consistently get less than half of posted speeds and have been trying to downgrade service today but the system keeps kicking me out. seems intentional.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

8 months ago

Thanks for posting on our Community forums, @llb3423. I'm sorry to hear about the service interruptions you have been experiencing. Typically, any service interruption credit requests can be completed online through our Xfinity Support Status Page. If your service was affected by repairs in the area our system would calculate the credit based on the number of hours the service was affected for and your current rate. If the issue is not related to an outside maintenance repair, we would need to troubleshoot further to determine a cause and correct the issue. Once the issue is resolved, we can review the account for credit on a case-by-case basis. Is this related to a service interruption/maintenance repair concern? Or are you experiencing specific symptoms affecting your services currently? Would you mind providing us with additional information on the symptoms you have been experiencing and the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far to correct them? 

3 Messages

I tried the credit request system which said I reached the max number of credits, which I don't understand since I continued to have issues after the last time I reached out and received a credit. 

This is related to multiple service interruptions, including one on 2/6. Can you provide a breakdown of credits and number of hours? This is a wild way to calculate credits since the actual number of minutes/hours doesn't matter as much as the entire experience. If I have multiple 5-60 minute outages in a day, that means I can no longer work uninterrupted, watch a movie straight through, access online services when needed. The inconvenience is much bigger than the exact time the outage happened. Your credits should reflect that. If I go to the movie theater and they have 6 intermissions, I don't get the same experience as if I watch a movie straight through. I also can't manage those interruptions during necessary work calls within a regular work day without it affecting my ability to do my job. Again, that is a wild way to calculate how this affects the customer. 

To answer your questions directly: Yes, this is related to multiple service interruptions. My service is back but will drop to 230 mbps at times, and be over 400 at others (still nothing close to my plan). In the last month I have called multiple times (to no avail) and reached out through here for support, and I can reach out separately to continue to troubleshoot. My main question/concern here is: Is there a reason I am unable to receive additional credits through your online system for service issues after the last time I asked? Is there no additional credit you can offer for the overall inconvenience of the last 30+ days of unreliable internet and tv service? 

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

@llb3423 Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here