U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 24th, 2022 3:28 AM

Closed

International calling does not work

This was a very frustrating experience. Before leaving for Mexico, I chatted with an agent who set up my phone with a global travel pass, and my wife's phone for pay as you go. When we arrived in Mexico I realized that I could not call my wife, and she could not call me. We would here a Spanish recording and then the call would be dropped. Interestingly, I could call other members of my family, also in Mexico. I had two long chats with agents about this problem. In the first chat I was transferred to three different departments before the chat was dropped. In the second chat the agent said there was a different international roaming for Mexico and they turned it on, but after resetting system network on both phones as per instructions, we still had the same problem. Subsequently I had two voice calls with agents. In the first call, the agent said calls to Mexico and Canada were "turned off", and that she had fixed it and I should test it with a call to my wife. This meant I had to hang up with the agent and try calling, but it still did not work, always we heard the Spanish recording and the connection dropped. The problem was never solved, we are flying home tomorrow. I will recommend Xfinity mobile to others for US only, I will definitely warn all my acquaintances to NEVER TRUST XFINITY MOBILE FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLING. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same Issue trying to call the U.S. Embassy in Zimbabwe. They say they have enabled the International phone call ability but I still can't get any calls to go through. I have talked to Agents NUMEROUS times and the last time the line just hung up on me. If I cannot get this resolved soon I will be switching carriers.

This comment has been converted into a post

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @Creation01, and thank you for posting to the Xfinity Community Forum to share your experience. I know how frustrating this can be. We know how important it is be able to make these international calls and want to help get down to the bottom of this for you. I wanted to clarify whether your issues are on the Xfinity Mobile service or is this happening on your home phone service? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

This is the nightmare I have tried to prevent with literally hours/days of my time.  No solution.  I am switching. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I agree completely. We just switched our business plan over to Xfinity and I am very very very disappointed. You were on hold forever transferred several times and then cut off and not called back. I have been in Portugal and Spain and then on the phone several hours trying to resolve this and still don’t have international service. Very disappointing. Never had this trouble with Verizon

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I agree. Set up international calling plan before we left. I have been on the phone hours with different agents getting transferred back-and-forth. It has been extremely time consuming and the problem is still not resolved. Still have no data and very spotty texting and calling abilities. Have to depend on Wi-Fi for any sort of communication. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Is this issue resolved? I cannot make calls from US to international numbers abroad (I'm using the correct country codes). About to switch away from Xfinity - I can't even get somebody on the phone.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here