patrickvswild's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 17th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

In need of cable line replacement/installation!!

> Subscribed a few weeks ago for xfinity internet and was going to do a self-install.

> Coax cable arrived, and we bought a compatible modem.

> Plugged everything in, but the "Online" globe symbol on the modem does not light up.

I've now realized that my household has never had or used cable, and so our coax outlet's wiring doesn't actually work. Either the underground cable needs replacement, or xfinity has to install their own cable line to transmit service. I'm not exactly sure, but would like a technician's opinion.

I've been scouring forums and xfinity's website for over an hour, searching for a way to get a technician appointment. Can someone help me?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the exact same question.......

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @! Thank you so much for reaching out to us today over our Comcast Community Forums! We would be more than happy to check on your services, and location status. Please send us a chat message with your first and last name. The Peer to Peer chat icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the chat icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle. Thank you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

Wonder how the original poster made out ???

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here