Y

Monday, July 8th, 2024 6:16 PM

Improper charges and bad customer support

I am writing to formally address several issues I have encountered with my Xfinity account.

On July 8th, I noticed an unauthorized charge of $116.74 on my cancelled credit card. This charge was not approved by me and is significantly higher than my usual monthly bill of $65. Despite multiple attempts to resolve this issue by contacting Xfinity customer service, I have yet to receive a satisfactory resolution.

During my attempts to resolve this matter:

• In my first call, the agent assured me the issue would be resolved and claimed to await manager approval for 30 minutes, only to abruptly disconnect the call without resolving the issue.
  • In the second attempt, the representative I spoke with was unnecessarily rude.
  • The third call with a billing representative resulted in a promise to reverse the charges, which was never fulfilled despite my follow-up requests.
  • During my final attempt, the agent not only failed to resolve the issue but also cancelled a service I had not used and continued to charge me for it.

Additionally, I have been experiencing ongoing issues with the internet service provided by Xfinity. Despite being on a plan for unlimited high-speed internet at $65 per month, I have consistently received speeds far below the promised 800 Mbps, often averaging less than 300 Mbps. I have made over 25 calls to customer service, with more than 15 instances of successfully speaking with live agents. Technicians have been dispatched multiple times to my residence without resolving the issue, claiming it was beyond their capability and that management would contact me for further assessment, which has never occurred. Throughout this period, no compensation has been provided despite continued charges for a service I have not received.

The recent unauthorized charge further exacerbates these ongoing issues and is unacceptable. I believe this situation constitutes deceptive practices, especially given my immediate efforts to resolve the matter upon discovery.

Therefore, I am formally requesting:

• Immediate reversal of the unauthorized charges made to my cancelled credit card.
  • Compensation for the charges incurred for the internet service that has consistently failed to meet the promised speeds.

I kindly request a response within 24 hrs to address these concerns and provide a resolution. \

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to your swift response.

Sincerely,

Don't share sensitive info. Chats may 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @Yelsayed. I would be happy to look into any billing and service issues from here for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here