U

Saturday, May 25th, 2024 8:26 PM

Illegal price increase mid contract

I have been using Comcast internet for over 10years, and a few months ago I was offered a promotion for 35 dollars per month for 800 Mbps internet with the price guaranteed for 12 months via contract. This month, my bill suddenly increased from 35 dollars to 129 dollars and when I contacted Comcast they said that the previous agent in January gave me a discount incorrectly and thus they are now increasing prices. It’s not my fault that the previous agent screwed up, and now I am being asked to foot the bill. I asked to cancel my contract and switch to a competitor, but they are making me pay an early termination fee. If Comcast can’t keep their side of the contract by maintaining the promised price, why should I need to keep my side? All I want is to cancel my service because of the illegal price increase mid contract. 

Official Employee

• 

809 Messages

3 months ago

user_zrxfvn This isn't the experience we want any customer to have, and my team can help get you in a new promotion. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

3 months ago

I don’t want a new promotion I am done with your company due to the bait and switch in prices. I want you to cancel my account without ETF since you are not honoring the original price in my original contract. If you don’t do this I will file a complaint with the FCC. 

Official Employee

• 

809 Messages

user_zrxfvn Our team can look into your account to see what can be done, but you would need to DM us, or call in for further assistance. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

2 months ago

I share your frustration! My internet bill went unexpectedly from $65 a month to $105! After the fact I was told the $65 was a limited promo price though I was never CLEARLY advised that upfront nor CLEARLY advised when the new charge hit. A year ago I came off a two year $35 intro promo that increased to the $65. I knew upfront that this would happen.

The "automated" phone attendant was so annoying I wanted to throw my phone across the room. I finally had to succumb to text help which was very slow and 45 mins of wasted time. The proposed resolution was to up me to a more premium plan, 1000mbps speed which I don't need nor want, at a lower promo price with auto-pay direct from my bank account (P.S. I'm currently paying for a 500mbps plan that never even reaches 100mbps). No way I'm giving Xfinity access to my bank account. They just screwed me with an unexpected increased auto charge to my credit card. At least my credit card company alerted me to that. Xfinity is so shady. Needless to say I've turned all auto pay off for Xfinity.

I'm switching to Verizon who just entered my market (I live in the mid-atlantic, on the shore). $70 a month (with autopay) for 300 mbps guaranteed price for 3 years........and a $200 Home Depot gift card for signing up. Maybe Verizon is available where you live?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here