U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 13th, 2022 4:24 PM

Closed

I want to upgrade my gateway modem

Hello,

I currently have a very old gateway modem that is limiting my speed and causing some minor compatibly issues. I want to upgrade it to the newer modem that supports Xfi. I want to avoid a trip to the Xfinity store and would prefer it be shipped to me.  I can't find anyplace to do that.

Thank you,

Ron

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 years ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to actual Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

3 years ago

I absolutely understand the want and needs of upgrading equipment, @user_2df364. Would you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityKimberlyB  I don't see a peer-to-peer icon and I am signed in. 

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I know it can be a bit aggravating and frustrating, I'm sorry. 

The icon looks like an envelope in the upper right hand side- kind of looks like an email icon. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

i'm having this same problem

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

Hello @user_e90eb6 You have come to the right place. Before we get started, we need you to send a direct message or a Peer to Peer message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here