Thursday, March 3rd, 2022 4:18 AM

Closed

I want to cancel HBO max

I need to cancel HBO max immediately. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Good luck with that, and I mean that with all sincerity. I've been trying for months and unfortunately there's no clear way to do it. HBO Max says I have to cancel through Xfinity because I signed up with my provider, but every time I try to cancel it through Xfinity, I get a message saying that my plan doesn't include Xfinity TV services, even though I have a $14.99 charge on my bill each month for HBO Max. 

I've just been eating money each month for a channel that I hardly ever use. If you find a way to resolve this, please share it with the rest of us. Based on the posts in this forum, it doesn't look like I'm the only one with this issue. 

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @cmelton, thank you for taking the time to post on our Xfinity Forums. I am sad to hear of your experience with trying to get HBO Max removed for your account. Please rest assured, you have reached the right place! I see a direct message has been sent and I will be replying to that message here shortly to continue assisting you. Thank you for your patience. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

Have you tried calling Comcast directly?

And again, this is why you should NEVER subscribe for services through a 3rd party. ALWAYS subscribe DIRECTLY with the service! The only drawback is multiple bills (why is one bill better?) and maybe a bit more complicated login of typing in a code or email/password. The advantages is it will always work on all supported devices, and you deal direct with them if there are billing issues.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@andyross​ Yeah, it's all been really circular. When I do call, I get passed around from person to person (or machine to machine lol). I'm talking ~an hour of being passed around and just waiting to talk to a real human instead of an automated machine. My job is pretty demanding and I don't have time to waste sitting on the phone for an hour to fix something that should simple.

I'll definitely make sure to subscribe directly to anything/everything going forward -- I have direct subscriptions with all of my other streaming services; HBO Max was just the outlier. 

Problem Solver

• 

385 Messages

2 years ago

Good evening, @user_9523e2. Thank you for taking the time and reaching out to our Communities team. It would be a pleasure to assist with your request to cancel HBO Max. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm in the same boat. I want to cancel. Not even sure how I even signed up for it as I do not have xfinity tv services.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

In the same boat. Not even sure how it was signed up for as we don't have xfinity tv services.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here