U

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 9:46 PM

I own my own modem hardware and I have no option online to add unlimited data.

Hello,

Could anyone please help me figure out how to switch to unlimted data? I signed up few day ago with Xfinity, and I would like to see if that's something possible.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hi there, user_xttq2v! Welcome to the Xfinity family! We are so happy to be your provider! You are at the right place for assistance with unlimited data options. You can also shop and make changes online by signing in at our Plan Builder. Do you have one of our xFi modems or do you own your modem? 

4 Messages

Hello,

Thank you for the prompt response :) As I stated in the topic's title, I've already purchased my own (Xfinity Recommended) modem. I am using it right now; however, I read on multiple topics that it is possible to switch to Unlimited Data plan, even if you're using your own modem. So yeah, I would like to know more about switching to Unlimited Plan.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for the information, @user_xttq2v. Yes, you can certainly add unlimited data, that would come at a cost of $30 per month. Would this be something you're interested in getting added to your account?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Gabby,

Thank you so much for answering my question. That's great, and yes! I am interested.

Right now, I am paying $30 for 300 Mbps, is the $30 you've mentioned is an addtional to the current cost? If I switch to unlimited date plan, would I be lossing speed? 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Yes, @user_xttq2v that would be an additional $30 per month for unlimited. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to assist!

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Will do. Much obliged! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here