U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 15th, 2021 12:03 PM

Closed

I lost my remote

I just purchased my two year Xfinity package for a new location and after unpacking and plugging in my new 32" Samsung Smart HDTVs, I notice black lines on the right side, so I packed it up to return to Best Buy fir an exchange, but I must have also packed up my new Xfinity remote, although the three customer service young men simply talked amongst themselves.  The next day, after setting up the new Samsung, which appeared to be in good working order, it was then that I realized I could not locate my Xfinity Remote anywhere.   I don't know if I should ACCUSE the three men of hiding the fact that I mistakenly packed my Xfinity remote, BUT my current problem is WHAT DO I DO?

Thank YOU for any all forthcoming solutions.

Misguided Remote Girl

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

3 years ago

@user_37b31c

Hey there! Thank you for joining us here on the Xfinity Support Forums. Ah, this is a bit more common than you'd think, haha. We often have customers reaching out for replacement remotes for one reason or another, either because the dog made a new chew toy out of it, or something accidentally threw it in the trash. New remotes can be shipped out for a small shipping and handling fee, or picked up for free at any Xfinity Store

In the meantime, you can Download and Set Up the Xfinity TV Remote App On a Mobile Device to control the cable box functions, though not the TV functions such as power or volume.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Grateful for you REPLY, @XfinityBrie 

BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT,

I am actually, FOR THE THIRD TIME NOW, from Initial Installation at my New Residence to my 3rd purchased BEST BUY HDTV to Sync RIGHT with my Xfinity REMOTE Xr15V2-RQ,   I have a Samsung  Model# UN32M4500BFXZA  Serial# [EDIT]

I already registered my Samsung model and serial number.   The Voice Control on my REMOTE will not work, after speaking with at least Three LIVE Xfinity Agents, entering codes and pressing Mute and Xfinity and A or D buttons down, entering numbers.   Now, part of the Remote works, although very stiff on the Brand New Buttons, but I read on line that to get the Xfinity Voice Control Remote to work with Samsung TV Plus, that it will take extra steps with something called HUB .....

The Xfinity Representative told me to simply go to the Xfinity Store and get a new remote, BUT I'm afraid that there is more involved in getting the Xfinity Remote to take control over the Samsung Set UP.

IF YOU HAVE THOSE SOPHISTICATED STEPS, INSTEAD OF ME TRAVELING TO AN XFINITY STORE TO GET A REMOTE AND TRY AGAIN AND FAIL AGAIN....HELP    HELP     HELP   HELP!!!!!!

EDITED:

Please do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe. This includes:

• Your full name 
  • Your telephone number
  • Your Physical/Mailing Address
  • Email addresses
  • Credit Card numbers
  • Account numbers
  • Other personally identifiable information (including equipment serial numbers)

(edited)

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

@user_37b31c

I see--so, just to clarify, officially the Xfinity Voice Remotes (XR11, XR15, and XR16) only control basic functions of consumer brand TV's, Samsung included. They are able to cycle through the inputs on the device, change volume up and down, as well as power the TV on or off. They cannot control any additional functions of the TV including app control, settings, etc. and the voice control feature would work for the Xfinity equipment connected to the TV. Some customers who are more tech savvy may modify the remotes to control additional functions using third-party devices, but this is not supported nor would we unfortunately have any documentation on how to do so.

If you're unable to still get the remote to control the basic functions of the TV (power, volume, input) or control the cable box as it is designed to do, we can assist with pairing or send a new remote for you to avoid having to go to the Xfinity Store.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

So, are you saying I need a more updated remote to match the updated Smart TV's?    I will say I did buy the exact same Samsung Model two years ago, but the one I currently purchased two days ago is updated and has even more apps attached to its menu.    I will print out my message from you and take it to the Xfinity Store to inquire if I need a different remote, but I am trying to find an article I saw initially about utilizing ALOT more steps to pair because of a type of "HUB" the newer app smarter TVs have embedded.....I'm trying to relocate it again.     I mean I cannot imagine wasting all my money on my one luxury using Cable TV, if I cannot program the VOICE Control........Someone has to eventually help me!!!    That Voice Control just won't budge off of "IT WON"T WORK!"

I'll go to Xfinity Store to inquire, but I am afraid that They will just give me the same remote and it won't work again.   

DOES ANYONE THINK I SHOULD JUST GET A TECH OUT TO MY PLACE IN PERSON???

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.....SUCH HELPFUL, WONDERFUL PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM!!

Humbled and Grateful,

Diane 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_37b31c, I would suggest we look into this more since you have swapped out your remotes before and are still not able to pair the remotes to your cable box! If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you!

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here