U

Sunday, November 12th, 2023 1:00 AM

Closed

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET INTERNET FOR 2 WEEKS

I am very disappointed by the lack of communication between departments. My whole experience started when I wanted to set up internet service in my home and they kept saying that only one customer per household could get the service. My landlord has xfinity service and she lives in the first floor. They kept on saying that I could not get the service or that the landloard needed to disconnect. I live in a basement apartment so I proceeded to contact other internet providers. Turns out, Xfinity is the only provider on my area!!! I had to call back and one rep assisted me in adding services. It was odd that he could add services since previous reps told me they could not. But, he assured that everything was ok and that no errors showed up on the system. He created the account and sent me to an Xfinity store to get the modem and set up an appointment with a tech to get my service running...but once i picked up the modem I realized that he set up the service with the wrong address!! I was upset and i called customer service and asked them to correct the mistake and the 4th rep said she was gonna open a ticket to escalate the case and have the contruction team look into it. At least she helped in some way. She was kind and gave me the ticket number to follow up and said xfinity would call me the next day. I called again in two days later and the 5th rep I spoke to said they needed documentation to verify the address. I provided the document required and she told they would call again in two business days.... Again I had to call back to hear the same thing! I called the next day and the rep was trying to open an account without verifying the details of my case.. She was about to send me the agreement when i told her that she needed to review the details of my case. She was about to disconnect the internet of my landlord!!! I called again and i was disconnected like 3 times!! worst customer services experience and these people believe i have the time to waste my time calling customer service. I am calling because I need ethernet service in my home so I am able to work. I wish there was another internet provider so I did not have to deal with this situation. I am still waiting to hear from the construction team and all I keep hearing is that they will call me back tomorrow to get rid of me... I will complain to fcc on this case for denying a service.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

104.9K Messages

9 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

104.9K Messages

9 months ago

@user_8sxb2w 

Here's how to send a direct message (private message);

Click "Sign In" if necessary.

Click the "Direct Message" icon  in the upper right corner or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging  

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon.

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window.

Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard to send it.

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9  for an example. 

[Permission from and credit given to BruceW].

5 Messages

I sent a message through direct messages. 

5 Messages

Somebody contacted me but are not responding! I still have not heard anythin from xfinity regarding my case!! I need the internet for my job and I have been waiting since 11-02

Official Employee

• 

687 Messages

9 months ago

We will be happy to help with your concerns. Please send a direct message, thank you

5 Messages

How can i get in contact with you? I really need the service installed ASAP for job requirements! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here