U

Saturday, October 5th, 2024 12:31 PM

I got an email that I made a cancelation request and I never did... I am in school and CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE MY INTERNET????

I have seen multiple forum responses saying to send a direct message and I have no such option. I never made a request, I literally got this email while I was asleep. how do I stop this??? I am the only person who has access to this account so there is no way someone else canceled for me. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

14 days ago

Be advised that sending an unrequested direct message to the support team is a violation of their forum guidelines.

Please see this post about direct messaging the support team;

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/getting-started/direct-message/6445fb0eb9339b2013e8ff9c?commentId=6446bf50b9339b2013e9347

4 Messages

How did this answer my question? I made a post in a public forum. This doesn't link me to a direct message. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

14 days ago

Please reread the post and read the link... You're not allowed to send a direct message until an employee requests you to... A corporate employee will be along shortly to assist you right here in your topic. This platform is not chat or real time instant customer service.

Official Employee

• 

4.1K Messages

14 days ago

Hey, @user_2723ol! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! As @EG had mentioned, It is against the forum guidelines to send a DM to an employee without being asked. You also need to make your first post in order for the DM option to even be available to you (which you have done now).

We certainly understand your situation and would like to make sure your internet services remain on. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

4 Messages

How long is the standard response time? I had someone respond to me and I have now been waiting 15 minutes after giving them my name twice. 

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

I am in the corporate department and would be able to assist you with all of your account needs. We primarily deal with issues on Social Media through messaging. This is our most efficient and effective means of communication with our customers while having a written transcript of the interaction for future review if needed by you. If you feel more comfortable and would like to call, you can contact Xfinity by calling 1-800-266-2278.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here