U

Tuesday, February 6th, 2024 4:56 PM

I bought a router on ebay

I bought a router from ebay, xfinity XB8-T that previous owner did not return and was charged for it. They sold it to make some of their money back. Can i activate it?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

877 Messages

4 months ago

@EG Thank you for brining the post to the right area for assistance. 

@user_icqw68 Thanks for reaching out to our forums for information on activating the modem. Since the modem was not returned to Xfinity the modem would have been placed in a lost/stolen status which makes us unable to activate the device. The owner would need to return the device to a Xfinity store or UPS store and reach out to us for a refund with the return receipt showing the device details. I'm sorry, I know this puts you into a bad spot. I wish there were another solution, but we are not able to activate or support Xfinity gateways unless they are leased on your account. 

Expert

• 

103.8K Messages

You're welcome @XfinityPaula​ !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

103.8K Messages

4 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here