U

Tuesday, October 8th, 2024 9:48 AM

Hurricane Helene

I lost internet September 26th due to Hurricane that came thru my area. That is almost 2 weeks ago and still no answer on when it will be restored. I work from home and I am sure I probably do not have a job anymore and being a single mom of 3, I need income. Please get this fixed Xfinity!!!!

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

11 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

11 days ago

user_7rf74u Please know that getting everyone back connected is always paramount. Unfortunately, as of now, we do not have an update for you. Hurricanes are an extremely tough situation to recover from, to be fully transparent, I do not expect to see much movement on repairs for another 48 hours based on the scope of reported damage. 

I have many colleagues working in the area to help mitigate these delays, providing support around the clock to get our valued customers back connected as fast as possible. Nothing about this process is easy, it takes time to bring back these systems online after many of our services nodes being damage by debris, and other natural disaster related issues. So please know that we value your business greatly and are working hard to have this wrapped up asap.

1 Message

There is a lot of confusion regarding account credits during this time. Will those affected be credited during the time of the outage? Almost half a month has went by without Internet service and full price monthly bills are being sent out. How will this be addressed by the company, officially? I have both home Xfinity and Comcast Business. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

KeaCF We are requesting customers to apply for the adjustments through our website, or through the Xfinity app once they can confirm their service is restored at their homes. As there are many customers that will be restored at different times based on how repairs go, it's easiest to have them request it with one of these methods once service does get restored for them. Please keep in mind requesting before service is restored will result in a decline as the system needs to confirm service is restored to apply the adjustment for the full time without service. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 days ago

We lost power and cable/internet on 09/27. We regained power late on 10/02. The date to restore cable/internet has been a sliding scale every single day (currently there is not date and time provided). Why was Xfinity not prepared to reconnect service after the power was established? I have seen 4 Xfinity trucks since 09/27 in my area. They are all working at the poles for maybe 20 to 30 minutes and then they leave. The service I willfully pay for at the price I willfully accept and this is the service I get after a major hurricane? Also, to be told "I need to apply for a credit" is laughable. Xfinity clearly knows when my service went down and they WILL clearly know when my service is back up and running (as of 10/10 I still do not have power). WHY WOULD I HAVE TO APPLY FOR ANYTHING? If I was late on my bill Xfinity would cut my service off at some point. I would then have to call in and pay my bill. My bill is NOT past due and I do not have service. I just paid a $300+ cable/internet bill earlier this week. JUST TELL ME WHEN I WILL HAVE MY CABLE/INTERNET RESTORED AND FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THAT DATE AND TIME.

OR, I can find another provider and WILLFULLY give that company my money. Xfinity is NOT the only game in town.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi mwatchley1999! Thank you for sharing the experience you are having with our Xfinity services after Hurricane Helene hit the area. I'm sorry that we do not have your services restored yet. I know it's frustrating. I can assure you that we have our teams working around the clock to help bring the services back asap. As an example recently in some Georgia areas I am seeing that we anticipate to have services restored by the 12th and not until the 19th in some other Georgia areas. The Xfinity app would have the most up-to-date details available for restoration. I know the limited information and having unknowns make you feel worse in these situations. If there's anything that I can gather I will, but we are usually limited to specifics as we have crews from across the states dispatched to out most impacted areas.

Please send us a direct message with your name and service address. I will share anything I can find. I will also be sure to make sure your account is fully adjusted for the downtime. 
To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 days ago

Don't believe them. They don't know when it will be back on. They keep throwing out different dates. I plan on going to att in the morning. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here