M

Wednesday, June 19th, 2024 7:29 PM

How to report fraudulent emails

I received an email stating my account was suspended that I know is not from Xfinity, but a phishing email. How do I report it to Xfinity?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

MeaganH87, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. I'm glad you are being careful. The best thing to do is to use this link to reach our Customer Security Assurance Team and report the email you received. Let us know if you need any help. internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse

3 Messages

@XfinityAngie​ thank you, Angie. When I click on the link you provided, it does not load anything. Is there an error with the link?

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

MeaganH87, There shouldn't be. I just clicked on it, and it took me right to it. Try this number, 1-888-565-4329. It is the number listed if you would have been able to access the website I shared. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

4 months ago

... When I click on the link you provided, it does not load anything ...

Try https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse. The employee's link has an invisible trailing"/" which prevents the link from working. Comcast has known this for YEARS but they've never fixed it, and they keep posting the broken link.

If you get a "Bad Request" message on my link, try opening it in a a different browser or in a Private/InPrivate/Incognito/ window.

To report a scam email to Comcast, follow the "Report Spam and Phishing Emails" link on https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse and scroll down to the "Report Phishing Emails" section.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

1 Message

THAT LINK DOES NOT WORK.  I get those emails every month about account I just ignore because you cant get anyone to help you.  I also send them to FTC.gov Also be on the look out for PAYPAL scammers.. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

4 months ago

@XfinityAngie wrote: "...  I just clicked on it, and it took me right to it ..."

That's because you (presumably) have access to Comcast's internal intranet and its private IPs. The link is NOT accessible to us mere mortals, who do NOT have access to Comcast's private intranet. Try the link on a system which does not have that access, and you'll find that, as stated above and in many previous threads, when typed with a final slash IT DOES NOT WORK.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

3 Messages

@BruceW​ I just took the link and deleted everything after the “.com” and found my own way to reporting it. The link definitely didn’t work as it was shared though. Her response wasn’t helpful at all so I just figured it out lol

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here