T

Monday, September 30th, 2024 2:57 PM

How to Disconnect Devices?

I am signed into the Mobile app and it says I have multiple devices connected to my WiFi that I do not recognize. I have been trying very hard for 2 months now to remove these devices. It only gives the options to add a person, pause the person (up to 2 hours) or unpause them, edit their name, edit their device type (from "desktop" to another device name such as "toy" or "doorbell"), test he device connection (troubleshoot device) and THAT'S IT!!! It says, (in device details) that if I want to "forget device", (WHICH I DO!) I'd have to disconnect it from my home network..................... HOW!!!!!!!!???????????? I have been ALL OVER THIS WEBSITE using my mobile app and even signing in to the account using my computer for 2 FREAKING MONTHS and there is absolutely NO OPTION anywhere!!! The chat option is far from helpful (gives ZERO ways to fix this and won't connect to a real person)  and there is absolutely NO WAY to speak to a LIVE PERSON on the phone. 

HOW CAN I DISCONNECT DEVICES??!!!! I'm trying not to be too frustrated here. Does anyone here know?

Thank you very much in advance! 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

19 days ago

user_30tqht Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I’m really sorry to hear about the frustration you've been dealing with regarding these unknown devices. I can understand how stressful it must be after trying for two months without finding a solution. Let's see if we can get this resolved for you.

To remove or disconnect devices from your WiFi, here’s what you can try:

Steps to Forget Devices on Xfinity xFi:

1. Pause the Device Indefinitely: If pausing for 2 hours isn't enough, try pausing the device indefinitely from the xFi app. This will block internet access until you manually unpause it.

2. Change WiFi Password: The most effective way to disconnect unwanted devices is by changing your WiFi password. This will kick all devices off your network, and only those with the new password will be able to reconnect.

• Go to Settings > WiFi > Change Password in the xFi app or by logging into your account on the Xfinity website.
  3. Forget the Device (after disconnecting): Once the device has been disconnected, you should be able to "forget" the device in the app under device details. If it’s still listed, it’s likely still connected to your network.

If you've already tried all these steps or are facing further issues, I’d be happy to guide you through more advanced troubleshooting or escalate the issue for deeper support.

Is there anything specific you've already done that didn’t work, or would you like more help with changing the WiFi password? Let me know, and we'll get this figured out!

2 Messages

19 days ago

Hello, thank you for your response. 

Option 1 and 3 you provided were not available options for me to select.

However, (option 2: changing my password) did boot EVERY device off the list (which was a huge WIN!). Those devices were moved to the "not connected" list and ONLY THEN was I given the options to "forget device" or (in the "Pause" section) the ability to pause "until I unpause". 

So, this is finally a win, thank you for your support!  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

You're welcome! I am glad that you were able to get this task checked off your to-do list. We're here for you, and our team of Xfinity experts is always ready to help. Another fantastic tool at your fingertips is the Xfinity app. It’s perfect for troubleshooting and checking your bill. —all in one place! If you haven’t downloaded it yet, here’s a link: https://comca.st/2zsiyBf. I hope your day is awesome and your week even better! 😊

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here