U

Wednesday, August 21st, 2024 12:18 PM

How to Direct Message

I do not see the direct message feature.  I need to turn off internal voice mail and the directions say to send a direct message.  I don't see the "text bubble" to do this.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 months ago

Greetings, @user_z175oh! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about your voicemail. You have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

In order to send a direct message to one of us here on the forum, you need to create a new public post first, which you just did. You should be able to send us a direct message now without any issues. Our good friend, @BruceW, created this excellent explanation for us.

To send a private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

• Click "Sign In" (if necessary - there will be a visible prompt)
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" (square speech bubble) icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • As you are typing, a drop-down list will appear. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • An "Xfinity Support" graphic should replace the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3kYXwkR for an example

1 Message

2 months ago

I don't see a direct message text bubble either.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_sleq46​ 

I don't see a direct message text bubble either.

Direct messaging isn't allowed until an official employee asks you to do so; it's against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy to send anyone an unrequested DM/PM.  Also note, if you do send one without being asked to do so, it could possibly be ignored.

Please post your issue in public in the proper forum so that it can be addressed either by other customers or by an Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

1 Message

16 days ago

Need a post to Direct Message.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

16 days ago

@symphony1993 

Heve you seen the post above yours ? Be advised that sending an unrequested direct message to the support team is a violation of their forum guidelines.

Please see this post about direct messaging the support team;

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/getting-started/direct-message/6445fb0eb9339b2013e8ff9c?commentId=6446bf50b9339b2013e93478  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here