U

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024 12:45 PM

how to change primary account owner name

My account (#[Edited: "Personal Information"]) main owner is still listed as Ronald [Edited: "Personal Information"], my late husband.   He passed away in July 2016.  I never changed our account info and feel I need to now, but I am unable to make changes to our account.   How do I change our account to make me the main account owner?  I have tried unsuccessfully online.

I am Susan [Edited: "Personal Information"] my email address is [Edited: "Personal Information"].

Can you make the change for me or tell me how to get it done please.

Thanks,

Susan [Edited: "Personal Information"] or [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

24 days ago

@user_01odyf 

My account (#[Edited: "Personal Information"]) main owner is still listed as Ronald [Edited: "Personal Information"], my late husband.   He passed away in July 2016.  I never changed our account info and feel I need to now, but I am unable to make changes to our account.   How do I change our account to make me the main account owner?  I have tried unsuccessfully online.

I am Susan [Edited: "Personal Information"] my email address is [Edited: "Personal Information"].

Can you make the change for me or tell me how to get it done please.

Thanks,

Susan [Edited: "Personal Information"] or [Edited: "Personal Information"]

If your husband never made you a manager on the account there is very little you can do at this point.  Your best option is to take his death certificate and all your leased equipment to a Comcast store and cancel the account and start a new one in your name.  However, an Official Employee here could probably tell you a better way at going about this.

Official Employee

• 

584 Messages

24 days ago

user_01odyf thank you for reaching out today. I would be more than happy to assist you with getting the account updates to reflect your name. Please send us a direct message with your full name, previous owners full name and complete service address.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

1 Message

I am now terrified to try to change an account owner/name. I cannot be without service for one second.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_mqqac1 No need to worry we have an easy process set up to help transfer services into someone else's name.  There is a separate process if the account owner passes away but there is no need to return equipment as we make the process very easy and there is typically no interruption since we are only updating the Name for an account and not changing the plans or services.  You can check out this link here for more information on Changing ownership of an Xfinity account. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here