U

Monday, May 6th, 2024 3:10 AM

How do I manually update my Xfinity router?

I've been trying to update my router.  It's been awhile since i've done so.  Trouble is I can't seem to do on the site.  I get an error screen saying "We're sorry"

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

6 months ago

The concern is not "Home Security Devices And Equipment" help related. Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

6 months ago

Hello @user_tdwr40 Are you having an issue with your router or internet service?

7 Messages

@XfinityKei​ I just want to update the router for more security.  That's all.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

No problem! I can either have one shipped out to you or you can stop by your local Xfinity Store with your old modem and have them swap it out there. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

You mean I need to go to an xfinity store to update it?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_tdwr40, are we talking software upgrade or physically upgrading the modem to a newer model/ version.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ 

user_tdwr40, are we talking software upgrade or physically upgrading the modem to a newer model/ version.

I think they mean a software upgrade, not a physical modem upgrade.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I am using the xfinity gateway xb7 and I think it needs the firmware updated but my understanding is that I cannot make it happen as the end user - it has to come from xfinity.  My internet connection keeps dropping and a firmware update is the last resort (from what I have researched).  I've done all the troubleshooting & reset the router 2 different times.  Any advice on how to get a firmware update from xfinity? 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@Br5491 Thank you for reaching out to our community forum so we can make sure your connection is stable. You can always use the Xfinity app to troubleshoot service issues, send signals to your modem, and even schedule an appointment with a technician when needed! It's a really handy tool to have :).

I can definitely troubleshoot with you from here as well. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

1 Message

@Br5491​ Did your issue get resolved? If so, do you know what they did? I'm still having the same issue and no one can fix it. 

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_jt0lh4 I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your modem. 

I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our Xfinity app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs!

1 Message

15 days ago

Put service in a new tenant name I don't live at the unit any longer 

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here