U

Sunday, September 29th, 2024 5:02 PM

How do I get Xfinity to check their cables?

Friday evening a wind storm knocked a tree onto power lines a couple houses away from us.  Power was out for over 24 hours.  Saturday night, the power company removed the tree and ran new power lines to restore power to our block.  Since the power came back, our Internet has not worked.   How do I get Comcast/Xfinity to check their cables to see if they are damaged or there is a connection issue?  We are the last house on the line (pole in my yard) so there may not be many users affected but our internet is not working.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

20 days ago

Howdy user_gahynb

If you go into the Xfinity app does it show there is an issue with service? Here is a link to our status center where you can if we have an estimated resolution and also confirmation that we are aware of the issue. 

2 Messages

The app says “Your home internet is offline”.  I’ve rebooted my modem several times.  I removed and reconnected the coax cable.  The modem is not connecting.  The power company was working on the lines last night.  Xfinity Internet has not worked since the power company was in the area.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Gotcha! user_gahynb

Thank you for the details. I would like to take a peek and see if we can get a status of what is happening locally.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here