U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, July 13th, 2021 10:25 PM

Closed

How do I contact someone at Comcast?

I tried calling and tried visiting the website.  There's a link on the website to chat, but it's just a bot that could not understand me.  An attempt to call resulted in a text link to this same chat bot, even though I answered no 3 times in a row when I was asked if I wanted to talk to software.  I'm literately posting a question to a forum to ask how to contact them.

There appears to be no way to actually contact Comcast?  How can they stay in business without providing customer support?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, @user_639fd9

Our team can help you out here through the forums. We will need to talk in a private message to make sure your info is secure. Can you please private message us your full name and service address? 

To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (looks like a speech bubble next to bell icon at top of page) or https://comca.st/3kgmFZy
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

[edited to clarify instructions]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityMartinB

I am signed into my divinity account, trying to follow your directions on how to don't see this "Peer to Peer Chat" icon.  And the link you give says I don't have access.  I am not the original message sender, just trying to get same answer as this person.  How can I talk directly to someone at xfinity?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@BarbLuke

You need to start a thread of your own giving as much information as possible without any personal identifying information.  The sending of a private message to anyone in the forum without being specifically asked is against Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Oh, how easy is that right?  Visit a public forum, post a message asking how to contact customer support, receive a message back asking customer to perform 8 steps before you can speak with someone?

What happened to you guys that you think this is acceptable.  Can you please take this post and submit it as customer feedback that I am unsatisfied with the methods your customer support is being provided.  I should not have to "jump through hoops" to get basic service.  

After doing this can you please let me know how, or if, I can call and speak with someone at Comcast?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

@user_639fd9

I understand where you are coming from. Besides the 1800 number and online chat, the forums, and other online platforms(Reddit, Facebook, Twitter) are where we support our customers. Our team here on the forums can help with all customer concerns 24/7 days a week. 

If you change your mind, and would like assistance through the forums, please let us know. We want to help! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Can you let me know what 1 800 number you’re referring to?

As I posted earlier, a call to general customer support line just funneled me to the chat bot that did not understand my question. 

Most importantly, will a call to this number actually result in someone picking up the phone at the other end, or does every entry in your IVR point to the chatbot?

I thought that was the whole purpose of having a phone number is to people to call you?

If I look at Comcast’s earnings reports I can see it’s not like they aren’t making boat loads of money, and can’t hire people. I guess software is cheaper. Probably doesn’t complain that it has to listen to unhappy customers all day, too. 

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_639fd9

1-800-COMCAST

1-800-XFINITY

or the number on your billing statement.

Let me say, however, here you will get help from a Corporate Employee and the customer support here is fantastic!  So, I urge you to follow the steps, which is not as bad as you think, to connect with an Official Employee, not a bot, but a real live sentient person.

@ComcastMartin 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yep....my biggest complaint about xfinity!!!  you go round and round and round.  I just want to ask a simple question and if you actually call them you have to have your tv go through an entire shut down and restart before you can actually speak to a person and that was entirely unecessary!!!! ARGGGHGH!!! this company needs revamped!!!

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_fff255 If you're having a problem, start a new thread in the appropriate forum stating your problem so someone here can help you.  Leave out any personal identifying information.

Personal identifying information can include:
  • Full name
  • Address
  • Email address [any]
  • Phone number
  • Account number

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here