wayne19's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 10:00 PM

How do I contact billing support in the USA via phone or writing?

I am getting no help at all from the chat or 800 number, they are all outside the USA and are useless, even when you ask to be transferred to someone in the USA. They just keep repeating themselves no matter what I say, most can't even understand English, it is very frustrating to say the least.

Please HELP!!!!

Responses

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

6 m ago

@wayne19 wrote:

I am getting no help at all from the chat or 800 number, they are all outside the USA and are useless, even when you ask to be transferred to someone in the USA. They just keep repeating themselves no matter what I say, most can't even understand English, it is very frustrating to say the least.

Please HELP!!!!

The only way we can help is if you tell us what the problem is.  Be specific, but leave out any personal identifying information.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

How do I contact billing support in the USA via phone or writing? Or can you help me?

I have been trying to get someone to understand the problem I have with a $70.00 charge on my bill for over a week. It took 3 online Technicians until I finally got one that could understand my issue with my interent. They all kept saying it was OK, but it was not, my speed was under 1Mbps most of the time, finally the last person I talked to understood that I needed someone to come to my house and repair my service. He kept sending me a link to agree to a $70.00 charge for a professional install. I kept telling him I would not agree to a charge for an Install since I have been a customed since 2014. He finally  agreed it didn't make anysense, but said that was the only option in their system he could send me to get a Technician to come to my house. He assured me that there would be no charge if all the repairs were outside my house, so I finally agreed to the link to get someone to come for the repair.

On the day of the appointment the Technician knocked on my door, but never came inside my house, he announced he was here and he went straight to the pedestal were the main underground lines come up. He put a meter on the tap and immediately said he could see my issue, disconnected the meter and put a new end on the cable that went from the pedestal to the splitter on the outside of my house. He then did the same thing on the other end of the cable that attached to the splitter on the outside of the house.  He then asked me if I had cable and internet or internet only, I replied internet only, he then said that there was no need for the splitter anymore and it was bad because of moisture in it anyway. He proceded to remore the splitter and then put a new end on the other cable had also been attached to the splitter that went  to my internet modem. He then asked me to go check my speed now, which I did and it was 80.3 Mbps, which I had never acheived anywhere close to that before. He also assured me that there should be no charge for the service call because all the problems were on the outside of my house on the conpany's side of my service. I thanked him and he proceeded to pack up his tools and leave.

At no time did he do any reairs inside my house, so I should not be charged for this service call, but I can't get anyone on the chat or 800 number to understand this and remove the charge. I have looked all over the website for an email address or another way to contact Xfinity to explain my issue, but I can't find one anywhere. Is there anyway you can help or point my in the right direction?

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

Anything from the ground block in, is considered your property. And as you stated, that’s one thing the technician fixed(splitter). It didn’t matter if the tech stayed outside

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

I don't know what a ground block is, all I know is that everything he worked on was stuff Xfinity installed during the original install in 2014 when I had both cable and internet installed, none of it was my equipment and everything he did was outside of the house.

Official Employee

• 

328 Messages

6 m ago

Hi, u/wayne19, we have a dedicated team that can help you here on forums. If you can send a private message that includes your name, account number, and service address we can work on technical issues and review the $70 charge. 

New to the Community?

Start Here