U

Monday, July 8th, 2024 7:55 PM

How do I cancel my service while I am abroad?

I need to cancel my xfinity service (I currently just get internet from xfinity) but I am currently abroad and don't have phone service to call xfinity. I can't seem to find a way to cancel my service without calling. How can I do this?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

user_4t2vkx Do you have access to your account online where you are located? We can help get it closed, but will need some account information from you, and I want to make sure you can access the information we will need. 

4 Messages

@XfinityEricB Thanks. I do have access to my account online here.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Perfect! We are happy to assist. To send a "Direct Message" / "Private chat message" message to "Comcast Business": 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 
 • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
 • or https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/direct-messaging
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
 • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
 • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
 • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it"

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinitySheila​ Thanks. I'm having difficulty because when I type "Comcast Business" into the "To:" line, I do get a drop-down, but I can't find "Comcast Business" in the drop-down. I end up scrolling through an endless list of usernames, most of which I suspect are not even Comcast employees.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

I apologize, this is not a Comcast business forum that was my mistake. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinitySheila​ Thanks. I was able to send a direct message, and I'm waiting for a reply now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here