U

Friday, December 1st, 2023 12:32 AM

Closed

How do I address when an upgraded gateway has a tracking number but hasn't shipped after a month but Xfinity is asking me to return the old

On 10/31/23, Xfinity emailed me to request an upgraded Gateway to replace my old device.

I submitted the request and received an order number with an estimated arrival between 11/4 & 11/6. I received an email on 11/9 with a FedEx tracking number. I received another email from Xfinity on 11/14 asking me to upgrade my Gateway (which I ignored). Today, I received a text message asking if I received the Gateway and that I have 30 days to return the old one. The FedEx tracker says a "Label was created" on 11/9 but they haven't received the package.

I can't figure out how to get hold of anyone to fix this. The XFinity Assistant just tells me to view my "order status". Help!

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

9 months ago

Hello, @user_srj4xq! You are at the right place for assistance with the missing modem and also getting a new modem out to you. That is very abnormal to see. Our equipment typically leaves our warehouse within 24-48 hours and arrives within 5 days of placing the order. Our team will be able to get all of this sorted out and are able to stay with you over time without starting over as we tackle this issue. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

Thank you for the response. I did as instructed. 

1 Message

6 months ago

I have the same issue only i never received any shipping info from UPS or FedEx and I didn't get a tracking # in spite of Xfinity indicating that I would receive the modem in 3 or 4 days.... very disappointed and frustrated.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I am sorry to hear that your order did not process @user_um5nmq You can pick up the Gateway for free at a nearby service center, https://www.xfinity.com/support/service-center-locations/ if you did not want to keep waiting. I see that you have already sent us a message and I've responded! Please review & respond at your earliest convenience.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here