U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, January 26th, 2024 6:16 PM

Closed

How can I upgrade to a XB8 Gateway?

Greetings,

I am currently in the Gigabit extra plan and possess a XB7 modem. Found out recently about the existence of the new Gateway and would like to know how can I switch from my current XB7 to a XB8.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

6 months ago

Great question @user_wb261 , I recommend bringing your ID and the old equipment. However, I would like to check the inventory before you head down there to ensure they have some in stock. To check on this, please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

6 months ago

Hi, @user_wb261! Welcome to the XFINITY forums page and thank you for reaching out to us for help with upgrading to a new modem. We are extremely happy to have you as a Gig Extra internet subscriber! We are happy to help. One great option is to head down to your nearest XFINITY store and swap it out. We would love to see you. The great thing about visiting our store is you can even schedule an appointment so you do not have to wait in line. Go to our Xfinity Store Locator tool and follow the steps below to easily schedule your appointment online at this link. Enter a location and click the magnifying glass, or select the Use current location button to search for a store near you. 👍

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thanks for your prompt response.

Quick follow-up: Do I need to bring anything during my visit? If so, what exactly do I need to bring with me?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here