D

3 Messages

Monday, July 1st, 2024 1:50 AM

Closed

How can I get Comcast to take responsibility for their service so they actually fix the constant packet loss and ping spikes?

I have lived at this house for years now, it was built in early 2000s. We never had a problem with internet at this home when we first got Comcast. (Internet working prior would mean that the house wiring is not too old)

About a year ago over the Summer of 2023, Comcast updated their infrastructure which is where they did work on the node in my neighborhood to get ready for their new updated speeds. Ever since this happened, my internet has been EXTREMELY laggy no matter what I do.

I kept calling them and they kept saying "on our end, there is nothing wrong so we can't help you".

I have an Arris S33 v2 Modem and AX82U router. I bought a Motorola modem and Linksys router to troubleshoot, same problem persisted. I then swapped ethernet cables, problem still persisted. I got logs from my router and modem saying my upload DMBV is too low. I tested the internet on multiple devices: they all lagged.

I have text confirmation from the support team that the node in my area was worked on and it caused problems in my neighborhood. I also got confirmation from one of the senior tech after 4 techs were sent to my house that the update on the node was Comcast's fault and they should be working out the kinks. That was a year ago.

I was then brought up to senior administrations to speak to them. The woman gave me an attitude the entire call because whenever she tried to blame one of my devices or home, I would try to show her the logs and my tests to prove that this is Comcast. She would huff and say that if I have an answer for everything why do I even need help. She also said I don't know what I am talking about and I am just assuming. Hypocritical since I am the ONLY one showing test results whereas she can just say it is my fault for the bad connection.

I was told by the FCC to keep contact w the senior administrator until my problem was fixed. The woman never got back to ANY of my emails and she gave me a number but whenever I called it would say I didn't have permission to call. She then sent in an email to the FCC saying my problem was not Comcast's fault and when I typed in that email saying that that is not true and that she kept invalidating my tests, NO ONE responded and the case got closed. I have it all documented. 

I don't complain a lot. I don't ask for much. I pay for gig speeds but we don't get ANYWHERE near that. I don't care I just want stability. I am tired of lagging and losing packets all of the time. I am also tired of Comcast saying it is my fault when I never complained until Summer of 2023; because there was nothing wrong then.

Please, I need help. I am frustrated. I feel like I am constantly thrown in a loop. Techs come out and say they will do work after they put the order in yet I never hear from those techs or crews again. I call support and their system says "Nothing wrong on our end" yet they won't SHOW ANY OF THESE LOGS. 

Long story short: All my data is ignored. Techs and Comcast support have both told me it is something wrong on their end yet Administrators say it is my fault. My upload DMBV is a whopping 30 when it is supposed to be at 42-48. Techs show up, tell me the EXACT same thing, promise me that a crew will come out to take a look and fix some things: never happens. 

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

3 months ago

QUICK UPDATE: I was able to fix the issue by "reactivating" my modem 2 times. For some reason when they updated their infrastructure and changed their internet plans, this pushed out a firmware update that caused some modems to be stuck in this loop where they activate then deactivate. This caused maintenance check packets to spam and be dropped which interrupted my upload stream. The tech also came and gave me a new coax since the coax I originally got from Comcast apparently is an older coax. 

1 Message

3 months ago

Sounds like typical Comcast behavior. What a shame.Hope you get it worked out.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @donna_m55, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

(edited)

3 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ Sent a DM. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here