Marmity's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Nov 23, 2020 10:00 AM

How can I escalate an inquiry into a hacked Comcast account?

Hi Comcast Community,

Two weeks ago someone hacked into my Comcast account, added their email, and proceeded to order a Wifi On Demand hotspot.

I immediately tried to contact Comcast Security Assurance only to find they only operate during business hours. Good to note if you are a criminal! Subsequently, I have spoken to 5 customer service reps, have three service tickets, and filed one report regarding the lack of customer service.

I'd like to know the community's advice on the best means to get a meaningful response into how this hack happened and how my data will be protected going forward. Calling the customer reps is pointless and frankly, they are being set up to fail. Comcast's lack of respect for the safety of their customers and the success of their service reps is deplorable.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice on this matter.

Best,

Laura

Responses

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

7 m ago

Hi there, Marmity, 

I wanted to touch base and make sure you got in contact with our CSA department that you had mentioned. Can you please private message me your full name and service address? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 m ago

Hi ComcastMartin,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, I have been in contact with the CSA department and spoken to multiple reps. I will private message you with the details.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best,

Laura

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

A ComcastBot is asking me to report if my problem was solved.

Nope.  Unfortunately, no follow-up from ComcastMartin.

According to the internet, the next step is to write an email to Tom Karinshak, head of Customer Service. 

ComcastAmir

Official Employee

• 

6.3K Messages

6 m ago

Hello , thank you for reaching back out to us here. You've been in contact with the right department for this issue if you have been speaking with our CSA team. They take these matters seriously and each case is investigated with our highest priority. I'd be happy to look into your case to see what else is needed on their end. For further assistance please send me a private message with your full name and street address by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

Hi ComcastAmir,

I will be happy to private message you all the information I've provided to several of your colleagues (including ComcastMartin.) I suspect both you and Martin are Bots, part of Comcast's derisive, performative customer service efforts, although I would be happy to be proved wrong. 

Best,

Laura

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

6 m ago

@Marmity wrote:

Hi ComcastAmir,

I will be happy to private message you all the information I've provided to several of your colleagues (including ComcastMartin.) I suspect both you and Martin are Bots, part of Comcast's derisive, performative customer service efforts, although I would be happy to be proved wrong. 

Best,

Laura

I can assure you that Amir and Martin are living, breathing, nice guys and not Bots at all!  Please be patient.  They help hundreds of customers daily throughout our various venues.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here