U

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 9:52 PM

Houston Area Outage - Oak Forest

Hello, we have had power restored since Saturday and still do not have internet, my gate way has finally started blinking green instead of red. when can i expect to have service restored to my house? 

Official Employee

• 

988 Messages

24 days ago

Hello @user_xszowm, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. We hope everyone is safe following the recent severe storms. We know your services are important to you. Getting our customers connected as quickly and as safely as possible is a top priority. Please know that you may be offline due to a local power outage; power companies need to ensure the area is safe before our teams can begin to make repairs. If power to your home has been restored, it may be that the Xfinity network serving your neighborhood does not have power, preventing your Xfinity services from working. For service updates and to sign up for text alerts, use the Xfinity app or go to xfinity.com. We appreciate your patience during this process. Please be safe and remember don’t touch or move any downed lines. If you would like to report a downed wire, please use Xfinity Assistant; log in, type “downed wire” and follow the prompts, starting with “I want to report a safety issue”.

2 Messages

thank you, what does the green mean? has this area been been worked on? can we expect service restored tonight? 

Official Employee

• 

988 Messages

@user_xszowm, Updates through text message or your Xfinity App should have the latest update from our field team. If you would like for me to look at your personal address, please send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here