wolf8963's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 11th, 2024 12:34 AM

house and wiring damaged by tree - need to schedule rewire

I have a situation I hope someone can guide me through.
We have xfinity internet and cable in Danville IL.
A large tree fell on her house a couple months ago and it has had to be gutted for repairs.
The cable and internet cabling inside and out was damaged.

The contractor currently has the walls open and would like me to reach out to XFINITY to arrange an onsite visit from XFINITY for purposes of getting things set back up, as construction moves forward.

Can you guide me through what needs to be done? He would like to have the visit next week.

we didnt suspend or cancel our service - it is still active.

What do we need to do to get someone out to get whatever wiring needs to be done while the walls are exposed as much as possible?

thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

8 days ago

Hello @wolf8963, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. We will continue to help you in a DM. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Hi ChelseaB - should I DM you, or support? what timeframe? In the meantime I will go ahead and DM you at 8am ct  in case thats the intent - thanks

Official Employee

• 

513 Messages

Good morning, @wolf8963 

Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

7 days ago

The concern is not "Community Center" help related. Topic moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here