U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 9th, 2022 11:35 PM

Closed

Horrible Experience at Xfinity Store 4/9/22

Tried to help my 84 year old father and get him a new sim card to replace the old sim because his iPhone would not work when trying to make calls to my mom. I did call mobile support to troubleshoot before making an appointment online at 11am and the first available was at 6:45pm that night. So I took my chance and went to the store to do a walk in. I was surprised to see that it wasn't that busy. I was greeted by Jake <EDIT: Removed Personal Information> I explained my situation and how I was trying to help my father and just get a sim card swapped. He said that the policy for the store is that the actual account holder needs to physically be present in the store. I explained that it's not as easy when your father is 84 he said that's the policy and kept repeating and adding it's for your safety and that's our policy. His lack of empathy and inability of situational awareness showed this person's lack of training. Jake then proceeded to tell me that I need to contact mobile support and they can send you a sim card in 4 to 5 days. I explained that I needed the phone to be working before then. He said he would not be able to help me. I went ahead and contacted mobile support in the parking lot of the Xfinity store. They verified me and I was able to be an authorized user on my parents account. I told them that I was still in the Xfinity parking lot, they said because I am a authorized on the account I should be able to walk into the store and get that replacement sim. Thinking that I would not run into any resistance I walked back into the store I was then again greeted by Jake. I explained I just spoke to Xfinity mobile and was able to be authorized on the account and that I would like to get a replacement sim for my father. Jake then started to repeat himself saying that he can not help me and that it doesn't matter if I was authorized the account holder still needs to be physically present he said I don't know there policy of mobile support but at the store the account holder must be present and that's policy. I  explained to Jake that I just got off the phone with Xfinity Mobile and that they were the ones that said I can go back into the store and get the new sim card. I didn't want to argue with Jake and just asked can you please understand the situation and help me find a solution. He then proceeded to say if I didn't want to run into any of these problems in the future that the best solution is to take my parents off the account completely and have the account under my name. I was shocked not only was it an insult to both my parents who are not disabled or invalids but just wanted help from there son to deal with an inconvenience.  I asked to speak to Jake's manager only to be told that he is an assistant manager. I was not only shocked but knew that no matter how I tried to help my parents this guy was not going to find a resolution to my problem. So I just asked for his card and walked out. I get you want to prevent fraud but the first thing in customer service is maybe ask to pull up the account, second take a moment to listen to what the customer and situation and then formulate a plan in resolving it. Instead of regurgitate a policy take a moment to actively look with the customer in finding and explaining a solution. This visit to an xfinity store was why I will not recommend Xfinity to anyone in the future. To have a front facing brick and mortar store that a customer can visit and have horrible customer service is damaging to the brand.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_0d48ae, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. This is not the experience we want you to have. We are deeply sorry to hear we were unable to fix this sim card issue at one of our local stores after you had been added to the account. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Your feedback and getting your father's phone working are important to us. 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here