bscha's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, January 3rd, 2023 4:58 PM

Closed

Help re-provisioning a modem

Hi! Hoping someone can help us re-provision our cable modem with the correct profile -- Tried chatting with regular support and they were not able to understand what was needed.  To make a long story short we had activated and  been temporarily using an older data-only modem while our 'real' voice/data modem got replaced.  When I activated our replacement voice/data modem today it activates but isn't getting our full speed profile -- appears to be capped.  From past experience this happens when the config/profile getting push is incorrect.  I also see the old modem and new modem both still listed in the account.  Hoping someone can help us resolve.  

Thanks! 

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

Great! I'm glad to see your modem is back online. Let's keep an eye on this and make sure your services continue to work properly. I want to check in with you in a day or two to stay on top of this.

Until then, is there anything else I can help you with?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @bscha. I hope you and your family had an amazing New Year weekend. I'm sorry to see you're having a difficult time getting your new modem to work properly. I'd be more than happy to get your device reprovisioned properly.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

Hello there, I hope you're having a great day so far. As promised, I'm checking in with you to confirm your services are still working properly, @bscha

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here