CA2016's profile

Contributor

• 

159 Messages

Thursday, June 20th, 2024 5:16 PM

Heads Up: Xfinity Spoofing Scam

Heads up about an Xfinity Spoofing scam that I experienced yesterday.  I called Xfinity CS yesterday regarding my account and, while on the call, I got an incoming call that went to VM.  After my call ended, I checked VM and it was Xfinity giving me a callback as I had requested.  I did not recall asking for a callback, so I deleted the message.  But a few minutes later, I got another call from Xfinity saying it was the callback that I had requested.  I figured I better answer or they would keep calling me.  The person was a woman asking what I wanted and I explained that the matter had been resolved by CS.  She said that she could check it for me, and asked me for the last 4 digits of my bank account associated with my Xfinity billing.  I said I had no idea what those digits were and she then asked for the last 4 digits of my Xfinity account, which I also had no clue about.  I said that the matter was resolved anyway and hung up.  I then thought it odd to ask for those digits, and so I called Xfinity about this.  Long and short is that it was not Xfinity that had called but a scammer.  Believe me, it seemed all legitimate.  The number spoofed was 1-800-934-6489, which Xfinity told me is an Xfinity number.  How they knew that I called Xfinity CS is a mystery, because obviously their "callback" scam depends on knowing that the customer had called Xfinity.  They got no information from me other than my name and phone number, thank goodness.  And I alerted Xfinity about this scam.  So heads up!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

4 months ago

@CA2016 Thank you for bringing this to our attention! You were smart to call our Xfinity customer service line directly before providing any sensitive information. You can find more awesome tips to help protect you from potential fraud here.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I called 1-800-Xfinity today and immediately got a "Solutions Center " person. I asked if they were Xfinity and they would not say they were but said perhaps could help me and tried to offer some kind of plan. It sounded like a scam so I thought i may have misdialed and hung up. I rechecked the Xfinity number and redialed it manually and got the same scam-like pitch and hung up again. I looked up and alternate number for Comcast and then got the real Xfinity automated system that stated it was Xfinity and got a real person thereafter. Somehow it seemed like on the first 2 calls I made to 1-800-Xfinity  were hijacked somehow.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_b3f2ef, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

Our amazing customer service team can be reached at 1-800 Xfinity (1-800-934-6489).

We're happy to help with your account concerns here over social media. 

To get started, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I cannot sign on to my emails and I am not receiving emails

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

kathichi Thanks for reaching out about your email issue. We would be happy to help find out why it's not working. Can you create your own public post for us to work with you from please? You posted on a thread that is not related to the concern you are describing, and wouldn't help others with the same issue if they try to search for the same issue. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here