M

Monday, September 30th, 2024 4:24 AM

Hazardous orange drop still on lawn after almost a year

I have a Xfinity tech that came in to put in a drop last year because my home was having upstream/downstream issue as he said. To resolve the issue the tech installed a drop what seemed like from my neighbor's line to get me connection into my home. He mentioned its temporary and there will be someone coming in to bury that line. When no one came in at the time specified, I went ahead and gave customer service a call, and they scheduled a tech to come in again and they said the same thing. Again no one showed up, and I forgot about it. Recently my father was mowing the lawn and tripped on the line and almost smashed his nose on the curb. Who do I contact to actually get someone to make a permanent solution for the internet? It looks very off, looks like a extension cord that's just laying there.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

20 days ago

Moved here to the Customer Service help section for assistance.

3 Messages

Thank you for getting me to the right section.

Official Employee

• 

513 Messages

20 days ago

Good morning, @masgar I'm terribly sorry to learn your father tripped over the line. We would be happy to assist in getting the temp line cared for.

Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

Ok I sent a DM. Hope we can resolve this matter.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here