U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Oct 14, 2021 3:17 PM

Having intermittent Internet loss with MB8611

I moved into a new home two months ago and had Xfinity out to help install my TV, as well as my DOCSIS 3.1 MB8611 modem and Orbi mesh Wifi. For weeks our internet kept going out randomly for very short intervals. We had an xfinity technician come out and he determined that the line to our house was frayed and likely causing the issue. For about a month we had no issues, but this week, we've started having the intermittent internet loss again. Can anyone diagnose from the modem stats anything that looks bad? Thanks!

Responses

Official Employee

• 

523 Messages

3 d ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I know how important it is to have reliable internet! I've got a family of 5 and we work from home and have kids so I understand the headache an intermittent connection can cause. I would like to take a look at the signal levels here on our end to see if it is something we can resolve for you remotely. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name and address.

To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 d ago

Thanks XfinityBillie! I just sent a message, but can't seem to upload the pictures of the stats....

New to the Community?

Start Here